Servo Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was happy with the jx servo's I used until I started stripping gears and found that one of the gears(metal gear servo) was plastic??? JX CLS5830HV 30.3KG Full Waterproof Digital Metal Servo for 1/5 RC Car L9M3. These things are super fast on 6v and 7.4v, powerful, but sadly on my race buggys and 6s Arrma rigs became unreliable.
These were garbage, won't even turn the wheels on my Kraton under load JX PDI-6221 4.8-6V 0.16sec/60° Digital Servo 20.3kg Torque for 1/10 1/8 RC Car A

Last edited:
Well I finally figured out what's wrong with my Notorious. Whatever I read about the night/day before, happens the next time out. You're just lucky @bicketybam that I had a spare ?View attachment 50513
I ran that in my original Granite and it became so sloppy that I ended up replacing it. I would definitely steer clear of that servo for the Arrma 6s rigs. It's no better than the stock servo.
I was happy with the jx servo's I used until I started stripping gears and found that one of the gears(metal gear servo) was plastic??? JX CLS5830HV 30.3KG Full Waterproof Digital Metal Servo for 1/5 RC Car L9M3. These things are super fast on 6v and 7.4v, powerful, but sadly on my race buggys and 6s Arrma rigs became unreliable.
These were garbage, won't even turn the wheels on my Kraton under load JX PDI-6221 4.8-6V 0.16sec/60° Digital Servo 20.3kg Torque for 1/10 1/8 RC Car A
So it sounds like the JX servos are very unreliable. Definitely a consideration when looking for a replacement servo. It can have the best specs in the world, but if it breaks routinely what good is it? Thank you for reporting your experience ???

]
A few thoughts.

Do you prefer fast or strong?
What rig are you running it in?

I prefer strong over fast. I actually turn down my steering rate if the servo is too fast. Otherwise they are too twitchy for my liking. That's a personal preference. A small, light plastic chassis rig doesn't need as powerful a servo as say a heavily upgraded Kraton.

@slick2500 that first Jx is a $15 servo. I call that disposable ?

At the end of the day, run what you like people ? There are a lot of options and everyone is going to have a favorite. And everyone is going to say someone else's favorite once died on them.
I prefer a balance of speed and torque, I do find the DS servo to be a bit fast and I did have to turn the dual rate down a little bit but it definitely has more torque than the 1211sg. My 1211sg is an older model it's over 2 years old and still kicking.

Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .10
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 208.3
Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .08
Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 250

The 1211sg was updated as of May 30th 2018 to be stronger.
  • Torque @6v - 15.0kg/208.3oz-in
  • Torque @7.4v - 15.0kg/347.2.0oz-in
  • Speed @6v - 0.10 sec/60 deg
  • Speed @7.4v - 0.08 sec/60 deg

]

I prefer a balance of speed and torque, I do find the DS servo to be a bit fast and I did have to turn the dual rate down a little bit but it definitely has more torque than the 1211sg. My 1211sg is an older model it's over 2 years old and still kicking.

Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .10
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 208.3
Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .08
Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 250

The 1211sg was updated as of May 30th 2018 to be stronger.
  • Torque @6v - 15.0kg/208.3oz-in
  • Torque @7.4v - 15.0kg/347.2.0oz-in
  • Speed @6v - 0.10 sec/60 deg
  • Speed @7.4v - 0.08 sec/60 deg
I tried the 1211 on my Kraton 4s, on 6v, and found it too weak. Fast enough but not enough oomph. I had it as the throttle servo in my SavageX.

Now I switched to these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RNFQYD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DS3225
Operating voltage range: 5-7.4V
Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.1 sec/60 degree
Operating speed ( 6.0V ): 0.08 sec/60 degree
( 7.4V ): 0.07 sec/60 degree
Stall torque ( 5.0V ): 22kg/cm
Stall torque ( 6.0V ): 24kg/cm
Stall torque ( 7.4V ): 25.5kg/cm

I'm running that currently in my outcast.

My savox 1210sg died on me right at a year. I find it strange that they list the savox 1210sg as waterproof and yet it doesn't have an o-ring on the output shaft. Which, pretty much every time I got water in a servo, that's where it came from. The board did look conformal coated though. Still, if water gets in via the output shaft, The next place it goes is right into the motor, then trickles down into the circuit board area. Not what I expected when I cracked open a $85 "waterproof" servo. One of my fets on the board died, which is why I took it apart. I fixed it for $5 and now it's in my spare parts bin.

I'm not sure if the DS3225 isn't really what the specs say (24kg/cm 333oz/in @6v, the savox was 20kg/cm 277oz/in @6v), or if my hot racing servo saver post was set too soft, but it didn't steer worth a hoot during my last bash. I'm a horrible driver anyway, but man, the front tires went where ever they wanted when I was flipping and driving. I just finished tightening the saver up 1.5 turns, will see if that helps next time.

I'm running that currently in my outcast.

My savox 1210sg died on me right at a year. I find it strange that they list the savox 1210sg as waterproof and yet it doesn't have an o-ring on the output shaft. Which, pretty much every time I got water in a servo, that's where it came from. The board did look conformal coated though. Still, if water gets in via the output shaft, The next place it goes is right into the motor, then trickles down into the circuit board area. Not what I expected when I cracked open a $85 "waterproof" servo. One of my fets on the board died, which is why I took it apart. I fixed it for $5 and now it's in my spare parts bin.

I'm not sure if the DS3225 isn't really what the specs say (24kg/cm /333oz/in @6v, the savox was 20kg/cm 277oz/in @6v), or if my hot racing servo saver post was set too soft, but it didn't steer worth a hoot during my last bash. I'm a horrible driver anyway, but man, the front tires went where ever they wanted when I was flipping and driving. I just finished tightening the saver up 1.5 turns, will see if that helps next time.
If you can't reliability get warranty for a Savox, I'd take a hard pass and choose something else. They are too expensive for what you get. But I've bought probably $900 worth and my LHS will always send one in and say it's a month old ??

If you can't reliability get warranty for a Savox, I'd take a hard pass and choose something else. They are too expensive for what you get. But I've bought probably $900 worth and my LHS will always send one in and say it's a month old ??
We just order parts for the "floor model" ?

I should my have my new PowerHD Servo installed by next weekend in my 6s rig!

Attachments

• Power HD  DW-25LV .jpg
    Power HD DW-25LV .jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 58
Im happy running the PowerHD in my Typhon..

Lets talk: "All metal gears"
Most brands use that line in product discription..

I went for the PowerHD cause all the metal gears inside are non-brass!

Brass gears bein the problem in the stock ADS-15.. I didnt want those anymore..

How about the other servo's mentioned here? What kinda "metal" is used for the gears?

I bought one of these last night. Super cheap (CAD $) and decent specs compared to the Savox 0231 mg I have now. Plus it has the Amazon no hassle return warranty. Figured its worth a shot and need to keep it cheap as winter approaches and the real damage begins. Yes, that's right, it's possible for me to have more damage.
Screenshot_20191013-131351_Amazon Shopping.jpg

What I like about my PowerHD is the specs:

Torque(4.8V): 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz/in)
Torque(6.0V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.2 oz/in)
Speed: 0.13 sec (4.8V) │ 0.11 sec (6.0V)
Operating Voltage:4.8 ~ 6.0 DC Volts
Weight: 80.0 g (2.8 oz)
Bearing Type:Ball Bearing x 2
Motor Type:Coreless Motor
Gear Type:Titanium & Steel
Operating Temperature:-20℃~60℃
Working frequence:1520μs / 333hz
Size:40.0 x 20.0 x 38.8 mm ( 1.57 x 0.79 x 1.53 in
)
1570987370401.png

The URUAV deluxe line are a range of brushless waterproof HV servos that share the exact same sizes and specs as the powerhd storm series...Possible rebrands?
Even if they arent, they are outstanding value for these performance specs if your esc bec can do 7.4v.

URUAV Deluxe BLS3211

Full Aluminum case (bottom, mid-section and upper)
Brushless Motor
IP67 Waterproof
High Voltage Operation
Dual Ball Bearings
Digital
Titanium & Aluminum Alloy Gears

Specs
Torque: 27kg-cm@6v [email protected]
Speed: 0.14s@6v [email protected]/60˚
Operating Voltage: 6-8.4v

https://m.banggood.com/URUAV-Deluxe...ase-Servo-p-1532370.html?akmClientCountry=GB&

There are a good few other speeds and torques also available in the Deluxe line series.. I went for the BLD2508 version for my Typhon... really happy with it so far.

Last edited:
What I like about my PowerHD is the specs:

Torque(4.8V): 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz/in)
Torque(6.0V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.2 oz/in)
Speed: 0.13 sec (4.8V) │ 0.11 sec (6.0V)
Operating Voltage:4.8 ~ 6.0 DC Volts
Weight: 80.0 g (2.8 oz)
Bearing Type:Ball Bearing x 2
Motor Type:Coreless Motor
Gear Type:Titanium & Steel
Operating Temperature:-20℃~60℃
Working frequence:1520μs / 333hz
Size:40.0 x 20.0 x 38.8 mm ( 1.57 x 0.79 x 1.53 in
)View attachment 50756
But is it waterproof? Winter's coming and the necessity for waterproof just increased 10 fold.

I bought one of these last night. Super cheap (CAD $) and decent specs compared to the Savox 0231 mg I have now. Plus it has the Amazon no hassle return warranty. Figured its worth a shot and need to keep it cheap as winter approaches and the real damage begins. Yes, that's right, it's possible for me to have more damage.View attachment 50755
Got one of those as a back up myself. ?

This is what I'm running in my Kraton 6s and I'm very happy with it. Big improvement over the stock ADS-15 but then again anything is. Fits well, waterproof, more torque and speed is ok. Its a bit rare online compared to the 25kg. Only had it a few months but so far so good.

1571017180805.png

Servo Specification:
Brand: Dsservo
Model: DS3235 SG
Torque: 29kg.cm @5V; 32kg.cm @6V and 35kg.cm @7.4V
Speed: 0.13S/60° @5V; 0.12S/60° @6V and 0.11S/60° @7.4V
Operating Voltage: 5 ~ 7.4 Volts
Dead brand: 2μs
Weight: 80 g
Motor Type: Coreless Motor
Gear Type: Stainless Steel & Aluminum
Working Frequencies: 50-333Hz
Operating travel: 180° (see the following Important Note!)
Size: 40 x 20 x 38.5 mm
Teeth Count: 25T

I bought one of these last night. Super cheap (CAD $) and decent specs compared to the Savox 0231 mg I have now. Plus it has the Amazon no hassle return warranty. Figured its worth a shot and need to keep it cheap as winter approaches and the real damage begins. Yes, that's right, it's possible for me to have more damage.View attachment 50755
[/QUOTE
I hope you have better luck than me bro. I just destroyed one of them at the skate park today on my kraton 4s, I’ve got another 4 so not worried as pretty dam cheap. Had been running it for last 6 months and only started acting up in the last 2 weeks just when my transmitter went and had multiple drunk 3 year olds tantrums. I was going to try a jx 30kg more so because over here you can get savox at a rediculous price or utter rubbish for not much cheaper and closest decent hobbyshop is 1.5hrs away so evrything I get is orderd in.
any other recommendations.......

and yes of course I did.......???⚙️?????? bolts stripped out of rear shocks, rear wheel popped it shaft at the pin and tie rod stretched the hole big time but didn’t pop. Firstever trip to a skate park lmao

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back