Servo Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Concrete and RC bashing isnt the best combo... First thing I ever broke on my typhon was on my first ever visit to the skatepark too. Fortunately it was only a front damper top mount bolt in my case..

Concrete and RC bashing isnt the best combo... First thing I ever broke on my typhon was on my first ever visit to the skatepark too. Fortunately it was only a front damper top mount bolt in my case..
It was stuffed before the park but as I hadn’t run the truck for a month as snapped chassis I actually forgot (thanks to head injury) it was basically cooked before.

It was stuffed before the park but as I hadn’t run the truck for a month as snapped chassis I actually forgot (thanks to head injury) it was basically cooked before.

Awe dude... don't tell me you broke the chassis on your nut... then forgot what had happened. :eek: Seperate injury I presume?

Awe dude... don't tell me you broke the chassis on your nut... then forgot what had happened. :eek: Seperate injury I presume?
Broke chassis at bmx track by one awful landing... head injury is from motorcycle accident March13 - they lost me on the table 4 times 25 hrs surgery 14 blood transfusions- u name it I broke it and big time. Double compound left femur just to give u an idea. And tomorrow I go to see surgeons to sort reconstruction of my arm.
I’m living a mild version of “?50 first dates” - & it ain’t that bad.

Broke chassis at bmx track by one awful landing... head injury is from motorcycle accident March13 - they lost me on the table 4 times 25 hrs surgery 14 blood transfusions- u name it I broke it and big time. Double compound left femur just to give u an idea. And tomorrow I go to see surgeons to sort reconstruction of my arm.
I’m living a mild version of “?50 first dates” - & it ain’t that bad.

Wow.. must be tough but at least you are taking the positives from it.. :D

Both my brothers had bad injuries from bike accidents and my cousin Ian died last year after coming off his Ducati on a remote country road and not being found for several hours. I'd still have one though... well.. if I didnt have any kids.

Hope you get well soon brother.

Wow.. must be tough but at least you are taking the positives from it.. :D

Both my brothers had bad injuries from bike accidents and my cousin Ian died last year after coming off his Ducati on a remote country road and not being found for several hours. I'd still have one though... well.. if I didnt have any kids.

Hope you get well soon brother.
Thanks bro.....
sorry about your cousin. My son and I have the most amazing relationship since the accident-
I wouldn’t change anything, wouldn’t have got back into rc if accident hadn’t happend. Life’s dam good and I’ve met all you guys and been helped so much by the forum through this recovery just in msgs!

Carpe diem

But is it waterproof? Winter's coming and the necessity for waterproof just increased 10 fold.
@Notorious J - Yes Sir my PowerHD IS water proof or I would not have bought it!

1571052014446.png

Last edited:
It looks like there are a lot of servo options. The key is finding one that is reliable. I would think that 2 years of use is a reasonable expectation.

it looks like the OP @bicketybam made a mistake on the PowerHD DW25LV specs and listed the 4.8V specs as the 6V specs. The actual specs are:

Torque(4.8V): 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz/in)
Torque(6.0V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.2 oz/in)
Speed (4.8V): 0.13 sec
Speed (6.0V): 0.11 sec

if these specs are accurate and the servo is reliable, it makes it the best choice foe 6V.

No idea about thos figures I only look att the kg ratings :rolleyes:?
That's understandable. I just wanted to point it out for the people that use oz/in. I also found it odd that it produced the same torque at 7.4v as it did at 8.4v.

That's understandable. I just wanted to point it out for the people that use oz/in. I also found it odd that it produced the same torque at 7.4v as it did at 8.4v.

Agreed, nice catch. I only copy pasted from the store in the link I pasted.

it looks like the OP @bicketybam made a mistake on the PowerHD DW25LV specs and listed the 4.8V specs as the 6V specs. The actual specs are:

PowerHD DW25LV
Torque(4.8V): 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz/in)
Torque(6.0V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.2 oz/in)
Speed (4.8V): 0.13 sec
Speed (6.0V): 0.11 sec

if these specs are accurate and the servo is reliable, it makes it the best choice foe 6V.
I had the torque correct. The speed was wrong. I've since edited it.

I had the torque correct. The speed was wrong. I've since edited it.

This is the thing I have noticed with these no name random brand servos, you have 10 different companies selling basically the same servo and they each have different specs listed.
Hell you can find different specs listed for the exact same servo. Like that OMG servo I checked 4 or 5 different places and I found 2 different specs listed for it, some sites listed the specs @Darkie listed and some listed the specs that @chevys10zr2003 listed.

For the DS line (Zoskay/Annimus/Miuezuth 20/25/35kg), the main downside I've found is that the servos are quite tall compared to a normal servo. So you may need some servo spacers to back them away from the draglink you're attaching to to clear the steering rack. They don't fit properly in about half of my RC cars & trucks.

The 20kg fits fine though in my Arrma Kraton 4S.

I bought two of this DSSERVO DS3225 25KG :
75a7cc2f-07d1-4263-b983-28d9b2cb7f9b.jpg

Item: DSSERVO DS3225 Digital Servo
Operating voltage: 4.8 - 6.8V
Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.15 sec/60 degree
Operating speed ( 6.8V ): 0.13 sec/60 degree
Stall torque ( 5.0V ): 21kg/cm
Stall torque ( 6.8V ): 25kg/cm
Dead band: 3μs
Working frequency: 50-333Hz
Connector wire: About 300mm
Gear type: Metal
Motor Type: DC motor
Size: 40 * 20 * 40.5mm
Weight: 67g

While testing their speed with no load, with a Tactic Tx/Rx and a cheap motor/esc combo, while doing fast movement from left to right (and vice versa) with the steering wheel, the Rx led shut-off during ~1 second, leting the servo in his last position without moving, then the led on the Rx turn-on and the servo can move again and everything work again until the next shut-off. And sometime, by only moving the steering, the ESC give a very short time of throttle, weird behaviour. And this doesn't happen sometime, it happen constently if you move the steering wheel fast during 3 or 4 seconds. I tested it with the BLX100 ESC and an other Tactic Tx/Rx, same issue. I did the same with the second servo, no issues. Sooo, roulette russe servo, i'm really not confident with the one which make the Rx give throttle on the ESC only by moving the steering wheel and turn-off the Rx at moments. Buy it at your own risk ^^ or to be more clear, don't buy it.

The speed isn't 0.15 sec/60 degree on 5V, but slower. It isn't really slow though.

Last edited:
While testing their speed with no load, with a Tactic Tx/Rx and a cheap motor/esc combo, while doing fast movement from left to right (and vice versa) with the steering wheel, the Rx led shut-off during ~1 second, leting the servo in his last position without moving, then the led on the Rx turn-on and the servo can move again and everything work again until the next shut-off. And sometime, by only moving the steering, the ESC give a very short time of throttle, weird behaviour. And this doesn't happen sometime, it happen constently if you move the steering wheel fast during 3 or 4 seconds. I tested it with the BLX100 ESC and an other Tactic Tx/Rx, same issue. I did the same with the second servo, no issues. Sooo, roulette russe servo, i'm really not confident with the one which make the Rx give throttle on the ESC only by moving the steering wheel and turn-off the Rx at moments. Buy it at your own risk ^^ or to be more clear, don't buy it.

That sucks, thanks for the feedback on the servo. There's a good chance the Tactic receiver can't handle the amp draw of the more powerful servo. Can you try with a glitch buster?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back