Servo Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it looks like the OP @bicketybam made a mistake on the PowerHD DW25LV specs and listed the 4.8V specs as the 6V specs. The actual specs are:

PowerHD DW25LV
Torque(4.8V): 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz/in)
Torque(6.0V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.2 oz/in)
Speed (4.8V): 0.13 sec
Speed (6.0V): 0.11 sec

if these specs are accurate and the servo is reliable, it makes it the best choice foe 6V.
Rich Duperbash and Kevin Talbot are also running the PowerHD's and prefer it above the Savox 1210.
I do have some doubts about the specs.
Running this servo now and the specs are not far from the PowerHD but is feels much stronger:
Screenshot_20191014-231028_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I'm quite happy with my JX BLX HV7032MG in my Kraton. Got it really cheap with the slow boat: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32899072864.html

It has a brushless motor, so it's really fast; 0.07s @ 8.4V, 0.09s @ 6V. I'm using it without an external BEC and at 6V it's plenty fast for the Kraton. It also seems strong enough to handle anything with 26 Kg/cm (361 oz/in) @ 6V, which could go up to 32 Kg/cm (444 oz/in) @ 8.4V

I've opened it up and put marine silicone grease anywhere water could enter. It's all holding up great for over a year of abuse, although I do notice a tiny bit of slop in the gears which I think wasn't there in the beginning. If it dies I'll probably go for a JX again, perhaps the HV7146MG model which is slightly slower but stronger.

Anyone that has the DS3225, do you know if this much slop is normal?

It's kind of making my outcast a pain to drive. Think I'll have to try and put the olds savox S1210 back in that I repaired to see how it does.

Just curious if this is normal for this servo or if I got a bad one.

Anyone that has the DS3225, do you know if this much slop is normal?

It's kind of making my outcast a pain to drive. Think I'll have to try and put the olds savox S1210 back in that I repaired to see how it does.

Just curious if this is normal for this servo or if I got a bad one.
This one https://www.amazon.com/DS3225-Degree-Torque-Digital-Servo/dp/B07PG8M9F3
or this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RNFQYD2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It looks like mine does the same thing but not as bad.

Do you guys have servo savers in your trucks? 'Cause that looks REALLY bad, like worse than any servo I've ever owned.

It looks like mine does the same thing but not as bad.

Yep, pretty much what I see on mine, but mines even a bit worse in one direction.

Do you guys have servo savers in your trucks? 'Cause that looks REALLY bad, like worse than any servo I've ever owned.

Yes. The outcast has a servo saver and I was moving the wheel as far as the servo allowed without having the saver break free to release the pressure. At one point, the saver was breaking free, but the arm moves 1/8 of the rotation before that happens.

I put my 1210sg back in and it's far better on the bench. I also have an alloy mount in the mail to remove the flex there as well.

No issues with my DS servo but I have the 35kg blue coreless.
20191021_134842.jpg

The blue ones use a heavier copper based pigment which creates a far higher electromagnetic field. This causes excess flux capacitance, voltage spikes and excess inductance in the region of 12-13 hundred megaspitzls of microhenrys inductance which causes the crown gear to physically levitate... and then the potentiometer cant read accurately.
The magnetic field also attracts any metal shavings around which can lead to bad tracking in itself or even a full short. Adding a 15-25v cap or 2 soldered to the servo board in the region of 300-400 fahrads can help a little but the pre pot zener diodes don't handle such high capacitance well so close due to the npn transisters because the signal frequencies are being flatlined.
If you used a fourior transform tester to isolate the signal you would see it clear as day.

The red servos are faster and stronger and fundamently just less prone to fizzling due to 5 bazillion terraflops infiltrating the Frugis.

I thought everyone knew this Schizzle?

The blue ones use a heavier copper based pigment which creates a far higher electromagnetic field. This causes excess flux capacitance, voltage spikes and excess inductance in the region of 12-13 hundred megaspitzls of microhenrys inductance which causes the crown gear to physically levitate... and then the potentiometer cant read accurately.
The magnetic field also attracts any metal shavings around which can lead to bad tracking in itself or even a full short. Adding a 15-25v cap or 2 soldered to the servo board in the region of 300-400 fahrads can help a little but the pre pot zener diodes don't handle such high capacitance well so close due to the npn transisters because the signal frequencies are being flatlined.
If you used a fourior transform tester to isolate the signal you would see it clear as day.

The red servos are faster and stronger and fundamently just less prone to fizzling due to 5 bazillion terraflops infiltrating the Frugis.

I thought everyone knew this Schizzle?
What he said

Red is faster and doesn't have any problems like the blue.
The red ones aren't coreless... or at least don't say that they are.

Just ordered a red one:
https://www.amazon.com/Goolsky-DSSERVO-Waterproof-Helicopter-Airplane/dp/B07GH3PDLR

The specs say it's slower though.

Blue DS3225:
Operating voltage range: 5-7.4V
Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.1 sec/60 degree
Operating speed ( 6.0V ): 0.08 sec/60 degree
( 7.4V ): 0.07 sec/60 degree
Stall torque ( 5.0V ): 22kg/cm
Stall torque ( 6.0V ): 24kg/cm
Stall torque ( 7.4V ): 25.5kg/cm

Red DS3225:
Brand: DSSERVO
Item: DSSERVO DS3225 Digital Servo
Operating voltage: 4.8 - 6.8V
Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.15 sec/60 degree
Operating speed ( 6.8V ): 0.13 sec/60 degree
Stall torque ( 5.0V ): 21kg/cm
Stall torque ( 6.8V ): 25kg/cm
Dead band: 3ÎĽs
Working frequency: 50-333Hz
Connector wire: About 300mm
Gear type: Metal
Motor Type: DC motor

Showing .13sec @6.8V vs .08sec @6V. So guessing it's going to be noticeably slower @6V. Probably similar to the savox 1210sg @6V which is .15sec @6V.

Last edited:
The red ones aren't coreless... or at least don't say that they are.

Just ordered a red one:
https://www.amazon.com/Goolsky-DSSERVO-Waterproof-Helicopter-Airplane/dp/B07GH3PDLR

The specs say it's slower though.

Blue DS3225:
Operating voltage range: 5-7.4V
Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.1 sec/60 degree
Operating speed ( 6.0V ): 0.08 sec/60 degree
( 7.4V ): 0.07 sec/60 degree
Stall torque ( 5.0V ): 22kg/cm
Stall torque ( 6.0V ): 24kg/cm
Stall torque ( 7.4V ): 25.5kg/cm

Red DS3225:
Brand: DSSERVO
Item: DSSERVO DS3225 Digital Servo
Operating voltage: 4.8 - 6.8V
Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.15 sec/60 degree
Operating speed ( 6.8V ): 0.13 sec/60 degree
Stall torque ( 5.0V ): 21kg/cm
Stall torque ( 6.8V ): 25kg/cm
Dead band: 3ÎĽs
Working frequency: 50-333Hz
Connector wire: About 300mm
Gear type: Metal
Motor Type: DC motor

Showing .13sec @6.8V vs .08sec @6V. So guessing it's going to be noticeably slower @6V. Probably similar to the savox 1210sg @6V which is .15sec @6V.
You must have some super slowmo vision to be able to tell a noticeable difference between those two speeds.

Adding a 15-25v cap or 2 soldered to the servo board in the region of 300-400 fahrads can help a little but the pre pot zener diodes don't handle such high capacitance well so close due to the npn transisters because the signal frequencies are being flatlined.
Very true! After I tested this I was able to swap out the npn transistors to a modified model with different doping. With the modified boron and phosphorous content percentage I was able to improve the free valence electron flow from the base to the output through the transistor. The switching function of the transistor improved reducing the response to nearly 1/2 the original specs.

My first batch of transistors on a 300mm silicon wafer cracked due to an impact on the edge, but still plenty of usable ones on there:
wafer.JPG

-Liberty

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back