Kraton Servo contact with chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrma HI

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I am torn about this. I have upgraded the servo, servo mount and steering servo arm. Everything lines up almost perfect. Only thing is the space between the servo and chassis is very very minimal. It's not touching or making contact with the chassis. I had to really look at it at eye level. I am able to fit a really thin piece of cardboard in between. It rubs just a little with the cardboard but able to move the cardboard freely in between the servo and chassis.

My Dilemma is do I just leave it since it really isn't making contact with the chassis, but the space is so minimal or do I just create a little more space between the chassis due to possible contact maybe with possible flexing of the chassis and or hard landings. If I do the latter, I then have to adjust some things just to get the steering servo arm to be close to leveled which is more of a hassle. Another option I was thinking was just add maybe some cushion in that really small space. Just trying to figure what is best long term. Not trying to buy servos often. These things aren't cheap 😩. I don't really do any kind of extreme bashing. Not yet anyway :LOL:. Any feedback appreciated.

I am torn about this. I have upgraded the servo, servo mount and steering servo arm. Everything lines up almost perfect. Only thing is the space between the servo and chassis is very very minimal. It's not touching or making contact with the chassis. I had to really look at it at eye level. I am able to fit a really thin piece of cardboard in between. It rubs just a little with the cardboard but able to move the cardboard freely in between the servo and chassis.

My Dilemma is do I just leave it since it really isn't making contact with the chassis, but the space is so minimal or do I just create a little more space between the chassis due to possible contact maybe with possible flexing of the chassis and or hard landings. If I do the latter, I then have to adjust some things just to get the steering servo arm to be close to leveled which is more of a hassle. Another option I was thinking was just add maybe some cushion in that really small space. Just trying to figure what is best long term. Not trying to buy servos often. These things aren't cheap 😩. I don't really do any kind of extreme bashing. Not yet anyway :LOL:. Any feedback appreciated.
If it's not touching you should be ok.
Are you using the spacers that came with the Kraton to lift the servo as needed?

I'm going to disagree with my man Mango and say you should probably add some spacers. I actually went through this same thing, and I assumed it would be okay. Funny enough it was also a kraton and one day during a bash my servo locked up and died. When I got home and checked it out, I found that the bottom of my servo had a crack in it. I was very surprised and at first, I had a big WTF on my face until I realized that the chassis must really flex that much, and it busted my servo.

I bought some random spacers off amazon after that and raised it a few MM. Replacement servo still alive and well.

If it's not touching you should be ok.
Are you using the spacers that came with the Kraton to lift the servo as needed?
I transferred all the parts from the stock Servo over including those spacers. Got some extra spacers with the Kraton EXB Aluminum Servo mount. It came with an extra thin one compared to the stock one. When I add that thin for the extra space, that is what puts the servo arm off level. Looks like if I go this route, I just have to get that servo arm leveled with a longer screw and some washers it looks like. Hopefully doing that doesn't throw the other things off like fittings things back like those front mud guards. I read somewhere that could be an issue too. I was happy with your response and was like OK, just leaving it. Then response after got me thinking again 😂. All good though. That is why I posted. I am really split on this too.

I'm going to disagree with my man Mango and say you should probably add some spacers. I actually went through this same thing, and I assumed it would be okay. Funny enough it was also a kraton and one day during a bash my servo locked up and died. When I got home and checked it out, I found that the bottom of my servo had a crack in it. I was very surprised and at first, I had a big WTF on my face until I realized that the chassis must really flex that much, and it busted my servo.

I bought some random spacers off amazon after that and raised it a few MM. Replacement servo still alive and well.
Good call for sure which is why I asked if he used the spacers. I should have been more clear. If spacers wasn't used...use them.
My 500 RAW needed the spacers to have a comfortable space between the chassis. My other 35kg servo was ok without them.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back