Servo easy drop in info request.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
I know this has been covered countless times but I've still not got my brain around the answer I'm looking for.:depressed::sorry:
Here is my request for information:
  1. I need two servos. One for TalionV3 and One for Notorious / Outcast.

2. My understanding of electrics is very limited right now so I wish for an option for a servo that doesn't require an external bec or cap pack or whatever they're called. I need it to easily "drop right in"

3. I need something fast and with quite strong torque. I'm having trouble turning in lush / thicker grass. Not necessarily tall grass, just dense and lush.

4. I was hoping to buy the JX CLS-HV7346MG 46kg because I like the cost but shipping will take too long.

5. I'm using a Hot Racing servo mount in one truck and a Voltage Hobby servo mount in another. Both are standard size.

6. Waterproof would be preferred and I realize anything can be made waterproof....but much rather it rated wp.

7. Cost is obviously a concern but not a deal breaker. I'll pay for quality within reason. I always shop for value.

:sorry:Thanks so much to anyone who has the patience to guide me here; I would very much appreciate your help. My new spot has thick grass (we don't really get snow,) and some soft, wet, grass / mud around the perimeter (hence my need for waterproof. Of course, if we do happen to get some snow, I'd like to try running in it) The grass is very nice for me because I could certainly be better at landing jumps.:bag: By the time I wait three weeks for the JX servos, my time will be more limited because after the first of the year work is slammed and no time for fun. I want to bash as soon as possible! :)

Cap pack - reduces heat build on the ESC, prevents ripple - power drops/spikes.

Glitch buster - maintains steady power for your receiver and attached components.

Why the objection for a cap pack? Some are extremely easy to install, just plug into the receiver, which you acces anyway to replace the servo.

I’ve added a small one like this
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFCVB
Which fits into the radio box, so no need for external hacking.
I guess no objection. Just want simple to work and then tweak later. I've used caps on quads to get better video signal but didn't understand why they work. lol Just followed advice of others.
I do have a glitch buster that I thought would fix my TRmt10e when it eventually stuttered on 3s (80a esc) but it didn't do anything to make it better. I kinda just plugged it in and hoped for better results. Didn't work so I made a warranty claim and they sent me a new esc.
Thank you very much @joostin420 for the explanation of cap pack and glitch buster.

I think I'm gonna roll the dice on the CLS-HV7346MG with US shipping speed. At EBAY I can get a couple by December 14th it says .....so *hopefully the seller delivers on time. I also bought a JX PDI-6221MG as suggested by @Gt rubicon (y) that I can throw in my BRCC. Happy enough to save a little $ over Savox costs even if not waterproof but I'll work on all that.
Thanks for all the help, friends. I still have the glitch buster so I guess I'll stick it on the Noto just to see? Apparently I should've gotten a cap to try on the 80a esc instead of a GB.

Here's secret video. lol :giggle: I commentate and show the new spot and show the need for a better servo?
If you do watch, please scroll. o_O It gets better and worse but I often have to get out and pick up my truck. Scroll.
First narrated rc show. lol

Here's secret video. lol :giggle: I commentate and show the new spot and show the need for a better servo?
If you do watch, please scroll. o_O It gets better and worse but I often have to get out and pick up my truck. Scroll.
First narrated rc show. lol

Is that dirt mound you use as a jump an ant hill?

Is that dirt mound you use as a jump an ant hill?
lol. No. It's a stump. Ramps are in the back of my truck but the grass was too high to dig em out when I can't get a proper run-up. I'm going back today to see if he's had it cut and taking the Talion and the Noto.
Please ignore my lack of editing and jumping skills. lol.

lol. No. It's a stump. Ramps are in the back of my truck but the grass was too high to dig em out when I can't get a proper run-up. I'm going back today to see if he's had it cut and taking the Talion and the Noto.
Please ignore my lack of editing and jumping skills. lol.

That was some phlegm ball you hacked out near the end of the video! Should have put that in slo-mo ?

That was some phlegm ball you hacked out near the end of the video! Should have put that in slo-mo ?
Aw man. Lol. Sorry about that. More reason to learn to edit my videos. :giggle:
I got some more video today and sent the Talion. Blew out a wheel and the wing mount. Considering how bad I land, not too bad. Please allow me some reluctance to really blast because my last bigger truck was a E-Revo 2 and it broke when the wind blew. I sold it at a loss and now it's somebody else's problem. Glad it's gone. :ROFLMAO: I'm Arrma tough now as a rule.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back