Infraction Servo end point adjustment on Infraction V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremeengineer

No babe, I’ve had that one for a while...
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Setting up Infraction V2 with DX5R, when setting the steering servo and brake servo, do you set yours at the hard limit or leave yourself some unused travel? In one direction there's a pretty hard limit as you hit hard parts, so I was going to set a few % off of that as a cushion, but just curious if I should mirror that for other direction or go to max travel there. Also the brake servo do you just keep it at 100%? Not sure what to use there as the limit, can't imagine that would cause issues if travel is "too far" since it is so infrequently used, and momentary.

Setting up Infraction V2 with DX5R, when setting the steering servo and brake servo, do you set yours at the hard limit or leave yourself some unused travel? In one direction there's a pretty hard limit as you hit hard parts, so I was going to set a few % off of that as a cushion, but just curious if I should mirror that for other direction or go to max travel there. Also the brake servo do you just keep it at 100%? Not sure what to use there as the limit, can't imagine that would cause issues if travel is "too far" since it is so infrequently used, and momentary.

Let me try to answer but not using your DX5R using the one that came with it....idea should be the same for it as with my Felony.

Endpoint - When I am setting EP I turn full max left and right...then I come in a percentage so I am not max'ing the servo L/R. If I remember I think I hit the A/B button 4-5 times to bring it back in from max on each side to what I felt was not max and not stressing the servo. The goal is to not push to the servo to the full max and on the Infraction and Felony, I do not see needing full max.

In your case, I have not seen anyone set each side differently...but you can do that since you have the option to do so. Since I do not have a solid answer, I would set the travel even on both sides since I feel in motion and with AVC you will not need full steering travel. Others will chime in. Like all steering parts that should be even on both sides I would follow that same rule of thought.

Braking - Not sure directly what you are asking on braking. If the ESC setting is 75% I moved mine to 100% then I change the braking knob on the remote to 60-75%. I rather have the ESC at 100% so I can control what I want from the remote.

Hope that helped some....

@parcou Thanks! Makes sense, I like what you did with braking, will try that. What I was trying to say is that normally you want the servo travel to be within the physical range of steering, before you get to hard limit and say A arm starts flexing or other hard parts contact one another. With the Infraction handbrake, by default you are exceeding physical contact, maybe I wasn't clear that I was talking about the servo handbrake. So then I was just saying do you want the handbrake servo to "give all it can" or do you limit the servo travel. When you activate the handbrake you can watch the servo rock as the shoes clamp against the rotor, hopefully that makes more sense.

@parcou Thanks! Makes sense, I like what you did with braking, will try that. What I was trying to say is that normally you want the servo travel to be within the physical range of steering, before you get to hard limit and say A arm starts flexing or other hard parts contact one another. With the Infraction handbrake, by default you are exceeding physical contact, maybe I wasn't clear that I was talking about the servo handbrake. So then I was just saying do you want the handbrake servo to "give all it can" or do you limit the servo travel. When you activate the handbrake you can watch the servo rock as the shoes clamp against the rotor, hopefully that makes more sense.

Ahhh....sorry OK I see now.... Well I cannot answer that one since I have the v1 Infraction with no handbrake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back