Kraton Servo for big 3.8 tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManhattanRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hello,

I've got a kraton and I just bought a pair of Duratrax Banditos, and Proline trenchers. Anyhow on grippy surfaces I noticed the servo doesn't necessarily have the power to snap back, and I figure it's because of the wide grippy footprint of the tires.

What servo would be able to handle tires of the size and weight and not have to overwork? The rest of the car is stock.

I just started running Trenchers and I use a Savox 1256TG. It works well but it is not waterproof. Upgrading your servo mount will help as well. The stock plastic mount flexes. No matter which tires you run, the stock Servo has to go before it dies.

Is arrma just real weak in the service department? It seems to be a major area of complaint.

Is arrma just real weak in the service department? It seems to be a major area of complaint.

Service or servo? If you meant servo, all RTR's have crappy servo's. It's not just limited top Arrma. I always upgrade servos in my vehicles, no matter the brand.

Yup. Meant servo. Outside of My Arrmas, I'm a Tamiya fan. I use tactics servos which are good for the size and weight of the Tamiyas. Since the Tamiya does not come with servos, I've never had to consider stock until I started buying arrmas.

I just ordered a savox 1210 for my kraton based on the fewdfeed from the forum.

Yup. Meant servo. Outside of My Arrmas, I'm a Tamiya fan. I use tactics servos which are good for the size and weight of the Tamiyas. Since the Tamiya does not come with servos, I've never had to consider stock until I started buying arrmas.

I just ordered a savox 1210 for my kraton based on the fewdfeed from the forum.
I run that on my outcast with 3.8" trenchers. I had to tighten the saver up some and still need to tighten it a bit more. The servo has the power, but the saver seems a bit soft yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back