Servo Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpinRush_C1

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Need some advice.
Situation:
I bought a LOSI MINI 8ight DB
I turn on the controller first. Centered all the trims
I turn on the car for the first time and the front tires immediately turn to the left 345°.
I go to adjust it on the controller, but it’s just a minor tweak. In fact, I have to turn the Steering D/F to the 3 o’clock position.
I couldn’t see the servo on this car. I had to cut some zip ties and do some wrench work just to get access to the servo.
I tried a couple time to re-bind the controller. No success!
I had the car open in front of me and I couldn’t figure out how to tell this servo that it is not center at startup.
Or is there somewhere else on the car that I could physical adjust to get the front tires as close to center as possible on startup?
Or in the worst case scenario, should I prepare to send it back?
Please remember, this is inexperienced asking these questions.

Turn off the car and transmitter take off the servo arm to the steering servo then turn on the transmitter then car. center the trim then center the wheels and put the servo arm back on servo then try it again. Sometimes they don't center the steering servos, hope this helps. if you have same problem after that servo is bad.

Turn off the car and transmitter take off the servo arm to the steering servo then turn on the transmitter then car. center the trim then center the wheels and put the servo arm back on servo then try it again. Sometimes they don't center the steering servos, hope this helps. if you have same problem after that servo is bad.
Do I need to force it? Maybe I will hear some grinding? Or do you think it will just click?
I wish all servos could be calibrated through the controller. I might upload some pictures of the situation tonight.

Force nothing. Follow above instructions and you should be fine. Nothing to force at all.
Forcing = Breaking.:geek:

Force nothing. Follow above instructions and you should be fine. Nothing to force at all.
Forcing = Breaking.:geek:
Yesterday, when I had that car taken apart I took off the servo arm connection to the wheels. So basically, tonight, I need to off the servo arm at the "Servo Horn" and reposition it?

With your radio turned on, center all steering dials, then turn on the car, the servo's output shaft spline will center, then place the arm back onto the spline making sure the Fr. wheels are straight. Check ST endpoints and ST center trims from there. That's basic servo installation protocol for all surface RC.

I GOT IT DONE!! Took me over 2 hours, but I got it done! Thank you for your help. I just hope I reset everything. I won’t know till the next time I run. This still does not change my opinion of this LOSI 1/14 MINI 8ight DB. I’m no veteran, but I can imagine that whoever put this car together did not do it with pride.

Resetting the servo horn that mounts onto the pin was a task and a half. It was even more diffiicult to remove the screw that held the servor horn onto it’s pin. My fingers are too big and the red driveshaft dogbone was right in the way. I couldn’t see what I was doing most of the time. I’ll probably have to go back and put locktite on some of the screws because they are not locking down like they were before.

Look at this pic right here. I was a bit surprised to see this. Compared to my Team Associated Reflex 14B this is not the same level of quality.

9B0BCC64-27E6-4FEB-A713-E5AAD676743B.jpeg

Again, I really appreciate the help. That was the first time I ever fixed an R/C car in my life. I don’t have a lot of confidence in myself when I do these kinds of things. That felt good though. If she runs well later, it will be a boost to my confidence. I’m waiting for a couple 2S Lipos I ordered for this car. Hopefully that will help with troubleshooting power issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back