Big Rock servo horn 25t on new servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
hello everyone I would like to mount a servo like the 25 kg dsservo or 35 kg jx cls6336hv on the big rock v3. Anyway, since the v3 version is equipped with a 23T servo horn, I should take that of the v2 version (code AR340151) but, at least here in Italy it is not available at the moment ... Some of you have fitted an alternative bracket that is suitable for these types of servo? I remember that when I fitted on my granite the previous horn (code AR340151) on 25 kg dsservo despite having 25t was hard to fitted, I was afraid that it might break!
Grazie

Ciao, why the Kimbrough is less strong than 124hd? Both seems of plastic material... But the assembly on servo gear is hard or no?
Thanks!

Ciao, why the Kimbrough is less strong than 124hd? Both seems of plastic material... But the assembly on servo gear is hard or no?
Thanks!
I think it is the spring tension on the servo saver, the hd has a heavier spring to give more power to the steering.

The ARRMA 25T servo savers are available again: I just received the one I ordered a month and a half ago from Amain Hobbies. In the meantime I've been using the Kimbrough 123 on my Typhon 3S with Pro-Line MX28 Trencher HP belted tires mounted on Raid wheels, and I've had no issues with spring tension.

The ARRMA 25T servo savers are available again: I just received the one I ordered a month and a half ago from Amain Hobbies. In the meantime I've been using the Kimbrough 123 on my Typhon 3S with Pro-Line MX28 Trencher HP belted tires mounted on Raid wheels, and I've had no issues with spring tension.
Hi, which servo have you got? Maybe Dsservo? But now that arrma servo 25t is available you mount it or stay with Kimbrough 123?

Hi, which servo have you got? Maybe Dsservo? But now that arrma servo 25t is available you mount it or stay with Kimbrough 123?
I have a Power HD LW25MG 25kg servo in my Typhon 3S. I plan on keeping the Kimbrough 123 in my Typhon unless it fails or if the spring tension proves to be inadequate over the long run.

Traxxas servo saver 3744 fits absolutely fine with my DS 35kg servo. Just need an M3 nut to connect.

Screenshot_20210521-152828__01.jpg

You don't wanna use a solid servo horn on a basher rig. You will end up breaking the servo or other steering parts.

Also, the Annimos servo is a DS servo. Hence the numbers DS3218, DS3225 or DS3235.

Traxxas servo saver 3744 fits absolutely fine with my DS 35kg servo. Just need an M3 nut to connect.

View attachment 147062
Ciao, i'll take traxxas 3744 servo saver, is this?:
https://www.planetracing.it/ricambi...axxas-revo-3744-salva-servo-servo-saver-51468
I don’t understand why to add a m3 nut to be connected. I thought of using the same screw as the original arrma horn, did you also add a nut to lock the screw? but there is no risk that the thickness of the nut will crawl on the servo housing?

https://www.planetracing.it/ricambi...axxas-revo-3744-salva-servo-servo-saver-51468
I don’t understand why to add a m3 nut to be connected. I thought of using the same screw as the original arrma horn, did you also add a nut to lock the screw? but there is no risk that the thickness of the nut will crawl on the servo housing?
Yes, it's the 3744 servo saver. And the M3 nut is to lock the screw onto it. You can just see it in the photograph. And there are no problems with rubbing. I've had it installed for about 2 months now and run about 10 batteries through it without any issue.

Yes, it's the 3744 servo saver. And the M3 nut is to lock the screw onto it. You can just see it in the photograph. And there are no problems with rubbing. I've had it installed for about 2 months now and run about 10 batteries through it without any issue.
Excuse me, but do you fitted the screw upside down so that the thickness of the nut does not hit the body of the servo? The assembly of the original servo requires only the screw because the servo saver is threaded inside. Could you please take another picture of me to understand better? Thanks a lot

Excuse me, but do you fitted the screw upside down so that the thickness of the nut does not hit the body of the servo? The assembly of the original servo requires only the screw because the servo saver is threaded inside. Could you please take another picture of me to understand better? Thanks a lot
IT IS A DIFFERENT SERVO SAVER SO OBVIOUSLY IT IS NOT GONNA MOUNT THE SAME WAY AS THE ORIGINAL SERVO SAVER. It is not that hard. Just put the screw through and put a nut on the other side to hold the link cause the Traxxas servo saver is not threaded like the original. I'm sure you will figure it out when you get it.

I can't really take another picture as I'd have to take lots of things apart. But it is straight forward and will become apparent once you start fitting it. I'm technically rubbish and managed to do it!

Ok guys Thanks for all, i'll take traxxas servo saver with jx CLS6336HV, or dsservo 25 kg, by the way some of you gave fitted on the Granite, big rock or other 3s arrma the jx 35kg servo mentioned above?

I put the DSS25kg servo on my Senton 3s BLX and used a Kimbrough 123, I have run at least 6 full packs through it since then with no issues whatsoever.

As the others said, once you get into it you will see. Yes, I had to make sure I had a small enough screw for the M3 nut so when treaded through it would not hit when the servo arm is in action.

It helps in the RC world to have sets of M3 screws of different sizes on hand for button heads, round heads, flush mounts, etc available. This way if you need a shorter or longer anything they are at hand. Real cheap to get a package off amazon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back