Big Rock servo horn 25t on new servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, in these days i'll mount traxxas servo saver, but there are two adapters, but they are indispensable or they should not be used? Summarising i have mount only the saver? Thank you
I never used the adapters and seems to be fine. My driving is still rubbish but the servo saver is going strong!

I never used the adapters and seems to be fine. My driving is still rubbish but the servo saver is going strong!
Maybe the saver has 25t, instead the adaptor 23 or 24 t. I would not like to Force the servo saver on metal gear (servo) risking damaging the teeth that are in plastic

Maybe the saver has 25t, instead the adaptor 23 or 24 t. I would not like to Force the servo saver on metal gear (servo) risking damaging the teeth that are in plastic
Get the Kimbrough 124hd servo saver. It has 23t, 24t and 25t adapters and is what most people use if they can't get the Arrma 25t servo saver.

As the others said, once you get into it you will see. Yes, I had to make sure I had a small enough screw for the M3 nut so when treaded through it would not hit when the servo arm is in action.

It helps in the RC world to have sets of M3 screws of different sizes on hand for button heads, round heads, flush mounts, etc available. This way if you need a shorter or longer anything they are at hand. Real cheap to get a package off amazon
By now I have purchased traxxas, I wanted to know if the adapters are needed in this case or the servo can be inserted directly

Just to confirm, the servo can be inserted directly. Works perfectly on mine.
I tried to mount traxxas servo saver 3744 but because of m3 nut it goes to bump on the servo housing.... How did you go about avoiding this?

20210625_120656.jpg

20210625_120716.jpg

I think you've installed the nut the wrong side. This how mine is set up if you can try and imagine and mirror it.

View attachment 154065
You mean that i have to reverse the sequence, insert the screw from below instead of above? Another thing, the saver in inserted in a light way on the servo gear without forcing, is this normal?

You mean that i have to reverse the sequence, insert the screw from below instead of above? Another thing, the saver in inserted in a light way on the servo gear without forcing, is this normal?
In fact, looking at the pictures again, I think you need to change the location of the black arm (circled in red) so it sits the other side of the white servo horn. The nut can stay in the same position. And I didn't need to force it on to the servo either. It tightened up nicely when I screwed everything in.

Screenshot_20210625-111921__01__01__01.jpg

In fact, looking at the pictures again, I think you need to change the location of the black arm (circled in red) so it sits the other side of the white servo horn. The nut can stay in the same position. And I didn't need to force it on to the servo either. It tightened up nicely when I screwed everything in.

View attachment 154066
I don't think it is for this reason, the thickness is the same

20210625_130004.jpg

20210625_125936.jpg

I don't think it is for this reason, the thickness is the same

View attachment 154067

View attachment 154068
Best advice I can give is to copy the photo I posted of mine above. I'm 99.9% certain you've got that black arm on the wrong side. If you look at how you have yours mounted, the black arm is closest to the body of your servo. In mine, it's the opposite and I've got no issues with bumping into the servo housing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back