Kraton Servo Horn Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dordelli

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Long time Traxxas user and just was introduced to Arrma by my bro-in -law when he bought my son a 3S Senton for Christmas. Trying to help him upgrade his servo on his 2 month old Kraton 6s, the LHS sold us a Savox unit that has a 25t pinion, but the Kraton has a 23t pinion and of course it does not fit. So we got a new servo horn and are now having issues where the servo now rubs the top of the servo. Apparently the stock servo has a much larger offset. Can’t seem to find a 25t servo horn that will fix this? Any suggestions or ideas?

1B0AB6E8-CD24-47B9-BD38-553E72E415A5.jpeg

i had the same issue. i ended up threading the screw through the servo horn, then setting the connecting rod on top, then using the nut to hold it in place. the rod ended up being at a pretty severe angle so i also shimmed the other end of the rod up to level it out some. been about a month now and no problems so far

i had the same issue. i ended up threading the screw through the servo horn, then setting the connecting rod on top, then using the nut to hold it in place. the rod ended up being at a pretty severe angle so i also shimmed the other end of the rod up to level it out some. been about a month now and no problems so far

Thats exactly what I did and planned on also removing the rubber grommets and that metal spacer if no other options and just run with the angled steering rod.
did they recently modify the servo to a 23 tooth servo horn? bc my 2018 talion has the 25 tooth.
also isn't it easy to find 25 tooth servo horns on ebay or amazon

Yes it’s 25t on the newer version. And yes there are plenty of 25t horns around, but if u look at the photo, the offset of the stock horn (on the right) is much larger, so if u attach the steering rod as it came stock with the new shorter 25t horn, it rubs on the top of the servo.

Was coming here to post this exact question.
As far as I know there are three possible solutions.
1. Find a 25t servo horn with the same offset. I’ve so far had no luck with this.
2. Get a very low profile horn and switch the steering linkage on top. This potentially will lead to the steering linkage not being level and makes me wonder if it will bind up any.
3. Perhaps the hot racing 25t servo horn and fixed steering linkage would work. At 20 dollars I’m not sure I want experiment with this if I don’t know for sure it will fit.

so currently I’m at an impass. So many people have upgraded this truck to this servo, I don’t quite understand why I haven’t found a solid fix posted anywhere.

Was coming here to post this exact question.
As far as I know there are three possible solutions.
1. Find a 25t servo horn with the same offset. I’ve so far had no luck with this.
2. Get a very low profile horn and switch the steering linkage on top. This potentially will lead to the steering linkage not being level and makes me wonder if it will bind up any.
3. Perhaps the hot racing 25t servo horn and fixed steering linkage would work. At 20 dollars I’m not sure I want experiment with this if I don’t know for sure it will fit.

so currently I’m at an impass. So many people have upgraded this truck to this servo, I don’t quite understand why I haven’t found a solid fix posted anywhere.

It is kinda crazy that there is not a solution, I had that Hot Racing part in my cart as well and was gonna give it a go if no other solution.
I'd get a new 23T servo and be done with it. Maybe return the new 25T servo or keep it for another project on another day.

Appreciate the input, but I paid $100 for my new servo hoping this would be fixed long term and it got scratched up on the top before I realized it was binding. I am sure it’s not returnable at this point and buying another $100 servo isn’t in the cards right now. I guess I could just replace the stock servo with a $18 take-off from JennysRC but seems like just a temporary fix, my stock servo failed in less than 10 bash sessions.

Last edited:
Awesome to hear Robert. Any spacers or shims needed to keep the whole linkage level, or is it just a drop in replacement?

The 25T metal servo arms that come with the generic 25kg servos work perfectly and the linkage is kept level:

6B0D1C72-3A2B-44E9-855D-738D54CCCB1E.jpeg

At this point I have more than I will ever need so if you are hard up to find one and you’re in the US, I can just put one in an envelope and drop one in the mail for you.

The 25T metal servo arms that come with the generic 25kg servos work perfectly and the linkage is kept level:

View attachment 133544

At this point I have more than I will ever need so if you are hard up to find one and you’re in the US, I can just put one in an envelope and drop one in the mail for you.
Appreciate the offer, super nice of you, but in the Kraton I have, the V5 I believe, the servo sits differently then in your photo and when the steering is neutral, the servo horn sits on top of the servo, not to the side as yours, so if u do not use the stock servo horn with the larger offset, the screw head rubs on the top of the servo. See the photo, this pic is with my steering push rod mounted on top of the horn vs the bottom as stock.

E12696E4-487A-428A-B3BA-9A2A654CA6A0.jpeg

Appreciate the offer, super nice of you, but in the Kraton I have, the V5 I believe, the servo sits differently then in your photo and when the steering is neutral, the servo horn sits on top of the servo, not to the side as yours, so if u do not use the stock servo horn with the larger offset, the screw head rubs on the top of the servo. See the photo, this pic is with my steering push rod mounted on top of the horn vs the bottom as stock.

View attachment 133545
The hot racing link works fine just put one in my v5

8C118C9C-1C99-45E3-8B1A-E5AD27C18F16.jpeg

Had same issue when replacing my v5 Kraton servo with a new Jx servo. Bottom of linkage rubs with a standard servo horn. I found an offset servo horn by Hobbystar in 25T that appears to be an exact replacement for the arrma spektrum 23T offset horn. Hoping it will work! It's 11mm tall with holes at 16mm and 20mm, which matches the stock horn exactly. If you search around Google or ebay you should find it. Comes in red or blue also. A-Main sells one from a brand called Ruddog also. Happy bashing!
20210605_063540.png

Last edited:
I used the m2c horn on my k6s. It's a little long but works just fine.
20210527_173716.jpg

Update on the hobbystar 25T offset horn. Fits perfect for Kraton V5. Its the Same as the 23T spectrum but with 25T. Only cost 10 bux also

Update on the hobbystar 25T offset horn. Fits perfect for Kraton V5. Its the Same as the 23T spectrum but with 25T. Only cost 10 bux also
I just ran into the same issue with my Typhon 6S V5. This is very useful feedback so I just wanted to say thanks for the update. I ordered one from AliExpress with branding Minimax that looks to be exactly the same as the Hobbystar and Ruddog. It was only a few dollars.

1624537559534.png

Back