Granite Servo Horn / Servo Saver for BLX 4x4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKPatriots

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
Hey everyone! Getting my nephew an RC car for Christmas turned into also getting one for myself and my brother. My brother and nephew have Granite 4x4 BLX 3S in both colors, and I have a Typhon 4x4 BLX 3S. They all share a lot of parts, which is great for when things break, as we can share many replacements so having them on hand is easier.

We had our first break yesterday! The Servo on my brother's Granite died. I took it apart and the gears are all perfectly fine, but the engine itself has a really hard time spinning in one direction (but is fine in the other). I confirmed that it wasn't the gears by removing the servo motor completely so that it had no load.

My question is... I've seen a lot of people recommending various Servo replacements (some of which are listed below for others who stumble here to find as a reference), but there is very little about what Servo Saver / Horn / Arm to get. Most threads recommend the Arrma 25T Servo Saver I linked above, which is out of stock everywhere. So what horn / Servo Saver will give me the same or better steering range than the stock 23T Servo Saver gets me?

Example of of recommended Servos:
Annimos DS3218Pro
Zoskay DS3218 Pro
Savox SW-0231MG

The stock Servo Saver has about 19.5mm between the center of the servo mounting hole and the center arm mounting hole. I see various metal ones that have two holes, one at 20mm and one at 24mm. That would technically work... But wouldn't having a horn / arm that long make it so that the wheels can't be turned as far since when turning left the horn being longer would mean it would hit the back of the compartment sooner, meaning less wheel turn?

We are not pros by any means. This is the first car nephew (8 years old) has ever had and the first my brother and I have had in about 25 years - and holy wow they've come a LONG way!! Because we are newly returning to this, we don't need anything crazy. Cheaper is better, but we will pay a bit extra for quality.

We want to avoid buying another stock Spektrum S651 Servo since it are more expensive (22.99 at the local shop) than the Annimos and Zoskay Servos on Amazon, which I've read are better. But we can't use those without a new Servo Saver / Horn. I'd like to order 2-3 "sets" of what we need today, so that we can fix my brother's car, and then have spares on hand to fix mine and my nephew's when they break.

Can I get some help as to which Horns or Servo Savers I can get on the cheap that will give us the same or better steering / range of movement on the tires?

Thank you all!

Hey everyone! Getting my nephew an RC car for Christmas turned into also getting one for myself and my brother. My brother and nephew have Granite 4x4 BLX 3S in both colors, and I have a Typhon 4x4 BLX 3S. They all share a lot of parts, which is great for when things break, as we can share many replacements so having them on hand is easier.

We had our first break yesterday! The Servo on my brother's Granite died. I took it apart and the gears are all perfectly fine, but the engine itself has a really hard time spinning in one direction (but is fine in the other). I confirmed that it wasn't the gears by removing the servo motor completely so that it had no load.

My question is... I've seen a lot of people recommending various Servo replacements (some of which are listed below for others who stumble here to find as a reference), but there is very little about what Servo Saver / Horn / Arm to get. Most threads recommend the Arrma 25T Servo Saver I linked above, which is out of stock everywhere. So what horn / Servo Saver will give me the same or better steering range than the stock 23T Servo Saver gets me?

Example of of recommended Servos:
Annimos DS3218Pro
Zoskay DS3218 Pro
Savox SW-0231MG

The stock Servo Saver has about 19.5mm between the center of the servo mounting hole and the center arm mounting hole. I see various metal ones that have two holes, one at 20mm and one at 24mm. That would technically work... But wouldn't having a horn / arm that long make it so that the wheels can't be turned as far since when turning left the horn being longer would mean it would hit the back of the compartment sooner, meaning less wheel turn?

We are not pros by any means. This is the first car nephew (8 years old) has ever had and the first my brother and I have had in about 25 years - and holy wow they've come a LONG way!! Because we are newly returning to this, we don't need anything crazy. Cheaper is better, but we will pay a bit extra for quality.

We want to avoid buying another stock Spektrum S651 Servo since it are more expensive (22.99 at the local shop) than the Annimos and Zoskay Servos on Amazon, which I've read are better. But we can't use those without a new Servo Saver / Horn. I'd like to order 2-3 "sets" of what we need today, so that we can fix my brother's car, and then have spares on hand to fix mine and my nephew's when they break.

Can I get some help as to which Horns or Servo Savers I can get on the cheap that will give us the same or better steering / range of movement on the tires?

Thank you all!
When i got a new servo for my car it came with a metal horn with it as well. It may just depend on the brand what all comes with it.

I saw the Kimbrough one shortly after posting this, and after reading up on it, I don't think I'll go that route.

The Hot Racing one I had not seen before reading your post. It looks like it is a much better setup than the Kimbrough. You get a metal Servo Saver which appears to be about the same dimensions as the stock one, plus you get a metal servo link. No need to trimming or potentially needing to expand the holes like on the Kimgrough.

Hot Racing is a fairly expensive solution though (18.88 plus 5 for shipping), so while I read up on it some more, I'm still open to suggestions from others.

Thanks for your input!

Back