Servo issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samsonite

Reaction score
I just installed a new servo. I have full steering the left and nothing to the right. I lined up the timing before I installed the new. Any suggestions?

Start over. Horn/arm removed from the servo. Radio ST trim at Zero/Neutral. Servo must be powered ON when setting the arm back onto the servo spline. The only way to know the servo is precisely centered.
Place arm back on, wheels being straight..
Tell us what happened.

If all works out, then you MUST set your Steering Endpoints next!!!

Last edited:
Start over. Horn/arm removed from the servo. Radio ST trim at Zero/Neutral. Servo must be powered ON when setting the arm back onto the servo spline. The only way to know the servo is precisely centered.
Place arm back on, wheels being straight..
Tell us what happened.

If all works out, then you MUST set your Steering Endpoints next!!!
Thank you! I’ll give that a try.

What the best way to set the end points?

Sorry, I’m new the RC game.

+1
Need your radio's Manual.
Take your time with this procedure. So you understand it and is done correct.
If you don't, this can brick the servo. Once set properly, forget it. It's done. Just do it right once the first time.

+1
Need your radio's Manual.
Take your time with this procedure. So you understand it and is done correct.
If you don't, this can brick the servo. Once set properly, forget it. It's done. Just do it right once the first time.
Don't ya HATE when you install a new servo, set everything perfectly to 0 and go to install the horn and its one fuggin spline away from straight either way!? That really burns my arsee..

ALWAYS the case!:mad::ROFLMAO:
Which is why I finish centering it with the trim knob before installing the servo saver. Otherwise it wakes me up at night 😑
I know, makes no sense but I sleep well.

Some tx/rx have trim AND subtrim, not sure why but they do. May be sub is more granular?

I swapped the receiver from one car to another and forgot to zero out the trim. That took a while to figure out.

Also the Dual Rate (D/R) can do a number on you if you don't reset it.

Anyways check all you steering related settings and make sure they are '0'.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back