Kraton Servo link help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tag

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a Kraton 4S V2 and I’m swapping out the stock servo to a Promodeler.
My question is: The original servo link is around 22mm in length (center to center) and I need a roughly 19mm center to center servo link. Does anyone knows Armma has a servo link that is roughly around 19mm?
Than you

D474282A-5408-4834-9AA7-44EF0E232363.jpeg

FCCF1219-E48E-45E6-90DD-6168DB6206E6.jpeg

Why does the link change have to change?
You can try the 6s servo link. Cut it, drill it and add a threaded rod to make it a turnbuckle
Because my servo is 15T, it doesn’t line up straight when the servo horn is install and I don’t want to use the steering trim to correct it. I wanna keep everything neutral, as least I have more room to play with later.

Because my servo is 15T, it doesn’t line up straight when the servo horn is install and I don’t want to use the steering trim to correct it. I wanna keep everything neutral, as least I have more room to play with later.

You want the servo arm perpendicular to the servo link. Because the attachment point between the two travel in an arc you want them to start as close to 90 deg from each other as possible. If you don't you will not get the same amount of throw left vs right. Put the arm on the servo as close to center as you can get and use the trim on your radio, that's exactly what it is there for if your radio doesn't have a sub trim.

You want the servo arm perpendicular to the servo link. Because the attachment point between the two travel in an arc you want them to start as close to 90 deg from each other as possible. If you don't you will not get the same amount of throw left vs right. Put the arm on the servo as close to center as you can get and use the trim on your radio, that's exactly what it is there for if your radio doesn't have a sub trim.
You are correct, that’s the reason I want to find a shorter link to keep the servo horn perpendicular to the link.

You are correct, that’s the reason I want to find a shorter link to keep the servo horn perpendicular to the link.
It all has to stay perpendicular, if you just move the problem downstream you still have the problem. In the RC airplane world after the change from linear servos to rotary ( yes I've been in RC for that long, Kraft bricks FTW ) before programmable radios we would do it on purpose to get differential throw on the ailerons. You could also do it at the control surface with an angled control horn ( what you will be doing moving it downstream ) You wanted more down throw than up so you would place the arm on the servo off to one side. With modern radios with all the programming available it's no longer necessary, you use the shortest servo arm possible to full throw needed and get as much torque as possible then you just set the end points needed on the radio. But you still use trim/subtrim on the radio to get the servo arm to 90 degrees, that is EXACTLY why it is there. The only reason you would need a shorter link the way these cars are made is if you put a different sized servo where the output spline was located 3mm closer to the next link.

A 15T servo is designed for a 1/5 vehicle, not a 1/8 or 1/10 vehicle, and trying to get the steering physically centered is going to be difficult. The adjustable links I've seen are all longer than 19mm.

A 15T servo is designed for a 1/5 vehicle, not a 1/8 or 1/10 vehicle, and trying to get the steering physically centered is going to be difficult. The adjustable links I've seen are all longer than 19mm.
I know. I will have to make my own link.
Thank you for the idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back