Kraton Servo losing power troubleshoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darvid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi all, so after original servo died after 5 packs, I purchased Servox 1270TG and installed and I have done 2 packs and now intermittently loosing power to the servo

Turn the car on
Works perfect for 1 min then dies
Manually turn the wheel servo works again but is working then dies again after 30 seconds

turn the car off and and then starts working for 1 min

manyway to troubleshoot if it’s the new servo or if my ESC has issues?

Last edited:
Hi all, so after original servo died after 5 packs, I purchased Servox 1270TG and installed and I have done 2 packs ( just been doing jumps on a BMX track. )

As I was going along I was gradually losing power the turning circle was getting bigger and bigger over 30 seconds to a minute to the point where I lost power to the servo

Turn the car off back on was working again
For about 30 seconds

does it sound like over heating it?
Thinking taking it back, Also after I take it back for warranty any suggestions for a servo that won’t die on me.

I have played around with the end points prior to taking it out.

View attachment 141587

View attachment 141588

View attachment 141589
Just a update
The servo works for 30 seconds then stops
You manually turn the wheels then come back to life for another 30 seconds

Hi all, so after original servo died after 5 packs, I purchased Servox 1270TG and installed and I have done 2 packs ( just been doing jumps on a BMX track. )

As I was going along I was gradually losing power the turning circle was getting bigger and bigger over 30 seconds to a minute to the point where I lost power to the servo

Turn the car off back on was working again
For about 30 seconds

does it sound like over heating it?
Thinking taking it back, Also after I take it back for warranty any suggestions for a servo that won’t die on me.

I have played around with the end points prior to taking it out.

View attachment 141587

View attachment 141588

View attachment 141589
Just a update
What voltage did you set the BEC to?
Update, my brother-in-law has a spare servo
Works fine his servo. So I have just killed the Servox in 2 packs

Right, the Servo can handle 7.4 anyway. But have not actually changed it from factory.
Think I just got a lemon servo
If you have another vehicle, PLUG the Savox in that RX and see if it works to rule out the ESC or the RX being the problem. I find it unlikely you have 2 bad servos in a row, especially a Savox, BUT I'm not saying its not possible... I own 3 of the same Savox servos and none of them have had any problems.

Right, the Servo can handle 7.4 anyway. But have not actually changed it from factory.
Think I just got a lemon servo

The 150A Firma on the RTR V5 Kraton is set to 7.4V default. All servos will die on you if you've tightened up the servo saver and aren't landing jumps perfectly or doing cartwheels. I'm going to take a clip back off my saver from 3 to 2 to stop eating servos.

In response to this, I use less expensive China servos (DS3235KG). These work forever if not sending it and will usually last a few packs of big boy jumps before they break.

If you have another vehicle, PLUG the Savox in that RX and see if it works to rule out the ESC or the RX being the problem. I find it unlikely you have 2 bad servos in a row, especially a Savox, BUT I'm not saying its not possible... I own 3 of the same Savox servos and none of them have had any problems.
Thanks yep done this and it’s working, so yeah it was the Servo
The 150A Firma on the RTR V5 Kraton is set to 7.4V default. All servos will die on you if you've tightened up the servo saver and aren't landing jumps perfectly or doing cartwheels. I'm going to take a clip back off my saver from 3 to 2 to stop eating servos.

In response to this, I use less expensive China servos (DS3235KG). These work forever if not sending it and will usually last a few packs of big boy jumps before they break.
Reason I thought you can not change it, in the manual no option to change the BEC on the 150 where as on the other model it’s variable.
Be fine to leave it 7.4?

I’m most likely wrong as I’m new might be looking at the wrong thing

I did not even think if that I do go around checked all the screws where tight when I first got the car I may have tightened it
I also did one cartwheel and did not land perfect while I was on the 2 packs I killed it.

Never mind I’m wrong was looking at the wrong manual.
for reliability would you go 6v?

Attachments

• 20C056BC-6C03-4EFB-81CE-E48B86A9F05B.jpeg
    20C056BC-6C03-4EFB-81CE-E48B86A9F05B.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 47
  • E49E0A4D-45A2-44E1-BD31-557123D82CF9.png
    E49E0A4D-45A2-44E1-BD31-557123D82CF9.png
    350.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 6E67AAC2-94A0-4865-8684-1507F01CA1A5.png
    6E67AAC2-94A0-4865-8684-1507F01CA1A5.png
    825.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Thanks yep done this and it’s working, so yeah it was the Servo

Reason I thought you can not change it, in the manual no option to change the BEC on the 150 where as on the other model it’s variable.
Be fine to leave it 7.4?

I’m most likely wrong as I’m new might be looking at the wrong thing

I did not even think if that I do go around checked all the screws where tight when I first got the car I may have tightened it
I also did one cartwheel and did not land perfect while I was on the 2 packs I killed it.

Never mind I’m wrong was looking at the wrong manual.
for reliability would you go 6v?

Stick with 7.4V you get more power out of the servo then. If everything that's plugged into your receiver is rated for 7.4V, there is no reason to drop it to 6V.

Back