Big Rock Servo mount/Hot Racing branding?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
Hello again, Arrma Fam and Happiest Holidays to all! Anyone know if the Big Rock has an actual servo mount, like that of the 6s Kraton? If so, is there an aftermarket servo mount for the BR that’s tried and true, or is the Hot Racing servo saver all that is needed? I installed the HR aluminum mount in my K6s but I’m not seeing one for the 3s BR.

I’m planning on using a new 652 servo from my Kraton in the BR. But if I’m already in there, I’d also like to upgrade the servo mount (if there is an upgradeable one) and also the aluminum steering bellcrank with bearings. Is there anything else, steering wise, I should also upgrade on the BR?

Finally, is the Hot Racing brand the only manufacturer of aftermarket upgrades? I’ve read posts here stating their CS/warranty stinks. Any other manufacturers recommended? Thanks again everyone!

This may be an option.

F6821275-6015-4DC4-81A1-F9BC25C65FEA.png

The servo mount is integrated into the receiver box and as far as I know no one makes an aftermarket one.

Here is a list off the top of my head of companies that make aftermarket parts for the Arrma vehicles. I can't remember if they all make parts for the 3s line though.
M2C Racing.
Just Bash It RC.
Scorched Rc Parts.
TReal.
Vitavon.
GPM Racing.
Integy.
OKtay.
RCAWD - mostly bling parts they are dirt cheap for a reason.

Hello again, Arrma Fam and Happiest Holidays to all! Anyone know if the Big Rock has an actual servo mount, like that of the 6s Kraton? If so, is there an aftermarket servo mount for the BR that’s tried and true, or is the Hot Racing servo saver all that is needed? I installed the HR aluminum mount in my K6s but I’m not seeing one for the 3s BR.

I’m planning on using a new 652 servo from my Kraton in the BR. But if I’m already in there, I’d also like to upgrade the servo mount (if there is an upgradeable one) and also the aluminum steering bellcrank with bearings. Is there anything else, steering wise, I should also upgrade on the BR?

Finally, is the Hot Racing brand the only manufacturer of aftermarket upgrades? I’ve read posts here stating their CS/warranty stinks. Any other manufacturers recommended? Thanks again everyone!
Nope, the mount is integrated into the receiver box. I have one of these on my 4s build and love it. Very solid and smooth.
I use the stock Servo saver and just replace them when steering suffers. They are cheap on Jenny’s, just a couple bucks. On my 3s cars I use the stock bellcrank assemblies and also replace them whenever steering suffers. I like the s652 servos and have them on four, 3/4s cars. Haven’t had one fail yet. I do take the cap off, give it another small dab of grease and spread it amongst the gears.

I have basher queen servo mounts/savers on my two 6s cars and like them a lot.

GLOBACT Aluminum Alloy Steering Bellcrank and Steering Link, with Ball Bearing Upgrade Parts Set for 1/10 Arrma Senton 4X4 Granite 4X4 Typhon 4X4 Kraton 4X4 Big Rock 4X4 Replaces AR340132 (Red) https://a.co/d/11dPzxK

7D760F7D-7A7E-4CA0-8F5A-8E6B5903DFE1.png

EEB104E0-025F-41B3-8922-716EAE9BF5F0.png

6043B70A-4DB8-4097-BE38-30179A0D3F2F.png

FD67ADE8-7B9C-4A74-ABAC-C9686BAA94FF.png

No need to upgrade the servo mount. Like others said the stock integrated servo mount is plenty sufficient. I have heard mixed things about the HR servo saver. The Kimbrough 124 is very stiff and will get you out the door cheaper. Personally mine only lasted 6 months before developing some slop--but it's also only 10 bucks.

No need to upgrade the servo mount. Like others said the stock integrated servo mount is plenty sufficient. I have heard mixed things about the HR servo saver. The Kimbrough 124 is very stiff and will get you out the door cheaper. Personally mine only lasted 6 months before developing some slop--but it's also only 10 bucks

I was not impressed with the 124 at all, it only lasted a month or so for me.

On my Typhon 3s I have a Power HD 25kg servo powering a Kimbrough 123 25T servo saver and a Hot Racing aluminum bell crank assembly. It was my first Arrma, and I went a little overboard with mods. I do a fair amount of running the Typhon on dirt, and I needed a faster and stronger servo than the one that came with the vehicle.

My Infraction 3s is used primarily for fast street running in a straight line, and I don't really need an upgraded servo. That being said, I had a nearly-new Spektrum S652 servo left over from another vehicle , and it made sense to use it on the Infraction. The S652 has a 23T servo spline, so I didn't have to swap out the servo saver.

On my Typhon 3s I have a Power HD 25kg servo powering a Kimbrough 123 25T servo saver and a Hot Racing aluminum bell crank assembly. It was my first Arrma, and I went a little overboard with mods. I do a fair amount of running the Typhon on dirt, and I needed a faster and stronger servo than the one that came with the vehicle.

My Infraction 3s is used primarily for fast street running in a straight line, and I don't really need an upgraded servo. That being said, I had a nearly-new Spektrum S652 servo left over from another vehicle , and it made sense to use it on the Infraction. The S652 has a 23T servo spline, so I didn't have to swap out the servo saver.
The S652 route is my plan. I ordered a HR servo saver and the HR steering bellcrank. I’m hoping this will be adequate and durable enough for my son.🤞🏽

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back