Servo Mount... Let's have some fun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy but I’d like the servo mounted on its side, in a box so the esc can be mounted on top. That would blow everyone’s mind. You’d have tons more room for everything. I always wanted to make one so I can make a 6s Mt and mount the killer outcast 4s body on it. Pretty much a short trugified typhon...
That was my first idea believe it or not, but in the end you aren't really gaining room. It just makes the whole area awkward. I thought about changing the servo saver arm as well. Laying it down makes some vertical space but in an unusable way since you still need to have a servo arm and the room for it to move.

I keep looking at it though. Maybe I'll come up with something unique new york. I even thought about moving the servo completely, possibly to the other side since the RX is so tiny inside that box.
Full length screw through the carbon tubes into the metal plate on top? ?
That is not a bad idea. I may kick it around, I'm still not sold on carbon as a standoff material in this application but I could be wrong. I'd rather work with metal but carbon can be pretty, and a selling point. Beyond that I don't like it. lol. I could simply try it and see what happens. The flip side is going to be cost, and cost of manufacturing.

Last edited:
Yeah, frankly carbon only sounds like trouble here... I was just adding to the ideas above :)
Alu tubes with carbon plate make more sense.

That was my first idea believe it or not, but in the end you aren't really gaining room. It just makes the whole area awkward. I thought about changing the servo saver arm as well. Laying it down makes some vertical space but in an unusable way since you still need to have a servo arm and the room for it to move.
I want to make a small 6s Mt. by cutting down a swb chassis. Others that have done it mounted the esc on top of the center dif or something. I think I can make a mount and linkage where it will save enough room and still get my wheelbase to under 12”.

I'm interested to see what you come up with..? that hasn't been done before, and more importantly at a good price..??

So it's not a finished product yet... but just to show I've put in some work...

20200404_193514.jpg
20200404_193626.jpg

This is the 3d printed prototype. The final version will be aluminum.

Turns out, there's not much I can do to make it truly unique.

I did however make the top plate double sided. You can install it one way for stock height servos, or flip it over to install a taller one.
20200404_193601.jpg
20200404_193651.jpg

I'm still hung up on other projects... but keep an eye out for the PPS Servo Mount preorder in the next week or so!

It’s looking good @PPS-RC. I like the idea of the flippable top plate. What will the posts be made from?
The posts will be aluminum as well. I may remove the "post" look and have them be solid all the way down. Not sure. The post part isn't that long, and it will have the steel screw in it as well. We'll see what the final version looks like.

The posts will be aluminum as well. I may remove the "post" look and have them be solid all the way down. Not sure. The post part isn't that long, and it will have the steel screw in it as well. We'll see what the final version looks like.

There’s really no reason they need to be posts if you intend to create them from rectangular stock, right? It would be cheaper if that is the case which is a positive.

The only benefit I see of the riser being posts would be airflow. I don’t think the servo would get warm enough to require the added airflow though, do you? Even if it does, some cooling slots could be added which would be functionally aesthetic. Maybe chamfer the slot edges to take it one step further?

There’s really no reason they need to be posts if you intend to create them from rectangular stock, right? It would be cheaper if that is the case which is a positive.

The only benefit I see of the riser being posts would be airflow. I don’t think the servo would get warm enough to require the added airflow though, do you? Even if it does, some cooling slots could be added which would be functionally aesthetic. Maybe chamfer the slot edges to take it one step further?

Servos CAN get hot, but you rarely hear about them overheating. So I do think cooling may be a moot point.

The difference between posts and solid is basically nothing for me. So its not really a factor in cost. Adding slots and chamfers however would be a pretty big change in time. The other side of the fence is if I left it solid, that's extra weight. The little bits of extra weight don't seem like much individually, but when you add them up it can be noticable. I would like to get a nice compromise between weight, strength, and machining time.

I need to get one for my Senton 6S, looking forward to seeing the design.

I feel like a big issue I have is height. I have both the GKA and the Hot Racing and my servo's don't fit. I have to use washers as spacers to keep the servo off the chassis.

I feel like a big issue I have is height. I have both the GKA and the Hot Racing and my servo's don't fit. I have to use washers as spacers to keep the servo off the chassis.
Yeah. That is my primary thing to fix with this mount. If you just copy the stock mount and make it from metal, you will have that issue. If you make it extra tall for the stock servo it will look dumb, and be a waste. So my mount will be set to both have stock height and taller height options for taller servos just by flipping the top plate.

I know it's been quite a delay, but I am FINALLY about ready to dive into some new stuff.

Well I will order one of those the second they are available. Heck, can I pre-order one?
maybe test one? :)
Well I will order one of those the second they are available. Heck, can I pre-order one?
maybe test one? :)
Cheap shipping too....I'm in Columbus. Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back