Servo Mount... Let's have some fun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
A popular request has been a servo mount. I'm not exactly sure the complete model compatibility, however I'll be using my K6s for R&D.

The question is, what do YOU need out of a servo mount?

I figure if I'm going to put time, money and effort into developing a part for you, I might as well listen to what you need it to be.

It might be just a straightforward design that doesn't require much input (it does just mount a servo afterall)... but maybe there's some things that are lacking in current options that I can improve on.

Anyway. Keep an eye out for updates. I'll be watching this thread for ideas!

If it turns out anything like the rest of your stuff, I’m sure it will be BEAUTIFUL!! ?

So far your ideas are a big hit, but I’m sure there’s always room for suggestions and improvements...

I liked the one piece design as it’s less parts to fail, but I also understand that breaking it down will make it cheaper to ship. You could probably mail it in a flat envelope if it’s not a one piece mount. Most of the brands use a flat top piece with standoffs and screws. Basically anything stiffer than the stock plastic mount would be great. I know that everything you make is beautiful, so don’t worry about anodizing it.

Hurry up already ??????

Ok. So I think I got my idea. Nobody steal it. haha!

I am going to go with the standoff route. It is solid and easier. I am going to however have an adjustment feature built in for stock height servos, and tall servos.

So my question now is, what servos are people running that wouldn't fit in the stock mount? This way I can be certain to give it enough room!

This guy right here?

Bought it for my Nero Big Rock and never got to installing it. If so, that's convenient Haha

Attachments

• 20200312_221239.jpg
    20200312_221239.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 57
The Mojave servo mount is installed alongside the drive shaft. It’d be nice to have a bit of a cut out to prevent contact.

My gka servo mount rubs up against the drive shaft a bit - causes a rattling noise too.

I'm not sure carbon standoffs are possible. If they are, they aren't practical.

They would look sexy though.

The issue is carbon doesn't hold a thread, so you must glue a thread insert. Then the part is only as strong as that adhesive.

Subsequently, I'm looking at everything now. The standoffs need to be 7mm or less in diameter. If you subtract the 3mm for the screw you're left with 2mm per side of the bore witch is enough for a solid standoff, but in a carbon with thread insert situation you're looking at maybe 1mm of metal thread and 1mm of carbon tube per side.

If you wanted to just slip carbon tube over a standoff that is possible on half of the standoffs. The other half will interfere with the ESC mount.

While some may be comfortable hacking up their esc mount and moving their ESC... I can only imagine the headache emails from people who aren't lol.
The Mojave servo mount is installed alongside the drive shaft. It’d be nice to have a bit of a cut out to prevent contact.

My gka servo mount rubs up against the drive shaft a bit - causes a rattling noise too.
Do you have any good photos of the problem area?

I took some potentially poor photos with my phone.

IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1938.jpg
IMG_2669.jpg

Technically, I have the mount reversed from front to back - I'm trying to avoid longer flat edge against the drive shaft. Stock servo mount arrangement is to have the angled edges at the front... if that makes sense.

Just make it chunky, super polished and make a cool logo for your parts and engrave it on the top. I personally like the one peice design. Also, make it tall enough for aftermarket servos. Include an aluminum spacer so the servo arm will later flush. I cant wait to see what you come up with! Thanx ??

Full length screw through the carbon tubes into the metal plate on top? ?

Crazy but I’d like the servo mounted on its side, in a box so the esc can be mounted on top. That would blow everyone’s mind. You’d have tons more room for everything. I always wanted to make one so I can make a 6s Mt and mount the killer outcast 4s body on it. Pretty much a short trugified typhon...

Crazy but I’d like the servo mounted on its side, in a box so the esc can be mounted on top. That would blow everyone’s mind. You’d have tons more room for everything. I always wanted to make one so I can make a 6s Mt and mount the killer outcast 4s body on it. Pretty much a short trugified typhon...

Do you have crazy white hair? Because you sir, are a genius.

This would be awesome @PPS-RC! Even if it’s an upgrade kit that requires a little modification on our end. It wouldn’t be for everyone but it would sell to the guys like us.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back