Servo Mount Upgrade for Arrma Kraton, Talion and Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What dosnt fit? The servo to tall? Add a washer or 2....That itty bitty screw miss alianment? It looks like mabey if you just give it a little squeeze it will fit... If not make the holes a hair bigger and use those cool washers as posted in the first pic

I have the washers and screws to mount the servo mount.

I think I will try mocking everything up loosely so it is all together then tighten to see what happens. If that doesn't work then I will take some material out.

The servo I have fits very well on the plate. It is a HiTec HS-7954SH. The post holes in the mount are a millimeter or so off from how the posts mount in the chassis.

Well, just put everything together loosely and then tightened it and it worked like a charm. Now all I need to do is figure out the thread pitch for the servo holes so I can get 4 screws and lock nuts.

Ok all, so I have completed and ran my Kraton with the mount all done. It is a very good upgrade, and fun to put together.

I have found that the bushings in the bell crank steering do not like all the added force and started getting very sloppy. I replaced with some Fast Eddy's sealed ball bearings to try and fix this issue. After install there is still almost as much rocking on the servo saver mounting post. I'm not quite sure how to remedy that problem.

The only other thing about the servo mount is I had to turn my dual rates down so the nut that connects the servo arm to the steering wouldn't hit the mount. After a couple packs I figured out how to make up for the slightly bigger turning radius and better set the car into a corner.

I also had enough control over where my Kraton goes now to hit a jump hard enough to bend both rear shock shafts, so once again down and out for now.

But not for long!!!

Ouch yea it will fit ....you have to take the servo top hat off and slide it in from the bottom and reattach the top hat as for the nut spin the screw so the nut is on top of the horn ...it will clear ...that is the first for me one the rubbing of the nut

The other thing is now that you have control of the car your driving tactics change ....and the saver where there bearings are put a shim in to stop the rocking and up and down motion ...it should help

Hahahah i didnt get it
Maybe theres another servo outhere i can use instead easier to fit in on this servo mount?
;
But still strong enough to turn the talion Around
6v or 7.4v servo is what i can power with my max8

It is simple to do .....bit there are many servos that fit the mount ...I used a hi-tech 7595g I beleive is the number and it fit right in

20160428_161335.jpg

The legs are a bit short for my servo
20160428_175059.jpg

Washers under the servo its all good now

Well, I done did it... :) I purchased the counter sunk washers, but could not use them - they were too wide, clashed with the servo case. I skipped them, and used button head screws instead.

I really like it. No flex in the mount now!. If I hold the chassis still, and compress the front end a bit, my new 400+oz-in servo will flex the entire front bulkhead, but not the servo mount! LOL

Jerry

Oh, Edit - Amazon now had the "Standard Servo Plate". I got mine there.

Attachments

• 20160506_213943.jpg
    20160506_213943.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 20160506_220030.jpg
    20160506_220030.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 20160507_174917.jpg
    20160507_174917.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 263
Does any one know for sure whether this after market servo mount set up will fit a Savox? Standard size of course. 1256TG to be exact. Thanks!

Hey thanks a bunch. I've ordered the servo as well as the after market servo mount stuff. I'm so glad I found this site. I'm pretty good at MacGuyvering things, but its so much easier when other people have already figured it out. :)

@Jerry-rigged - What size hardware did you use to attach the mount to the chassis and the posts to the servo plate? Does the stock hardware fit? Is it M3 all the way around? Because the stock screws appear to be m2.5

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back