Servo Mount Upgrade for Arrma Kraton, Talion and Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Jerry-rigged - What size hardware did you use to attach the mount to the chassis and the posts to the servo plate? Does the stock hardware fit? Is it M3 all the way around? Because the stock screws appear to be m2.5
Yes, I used stock screws for the most part. The axial posts I bought are .50 pitch M3 so they fit the stock Talion screws perfectly. So from the chassis side, you use M3. As for the plate side, the holes used to mount the posts (from above) are not threaded, but the Axial posts are, so use M3 again. I did however use the screws that came with the Savox to fit it to the servo plate, which are also M3. Lol. It was a very easy install after it was all said and done. The only hick-up I had was not knowing that I would have to have an after-market servo horn as well. Hope that helped. If not, just hit me up.
P.S. You may have to go to your local hardware store and pick up some extra screws. Just look for .50 pitch Metric screws. If you can't find socket head screws, no biggie, phillips head will do.

@Jerry-rigged - What size hardware did you use to attach the mount to the chassis and the posts to the servo plate? Does the stock hardware fit? Is it M3 all the way around? Because the stock screws appear to be m2.5
For the chassis mounting screws, I am about 90% sure I reused the old screws. For the rest of the screws, I bought a RCWorkes SS Screw replacement kit, and dug thru it till I fould some that looked about right... :)

Yup, that looks like the ones I used.

View attachment 1641

The legs are a bit short for my servo
View attachment 1642

Washers under the servo its all good now

hey! how's that servo doing for you so far? i got the same exact servo but cant seem to get a horn in that fits perfectly. i see that axial servo horn in the background, did that work good for you? if so, can i have the part number please so i can try it out on my own. thanks! cool aluminum frame too man, just found that thread im about to order me one too. lol.

hey! how's that servo doing for you so far? i got the same exact servo but cant seem to get a horn in that fits perfectly. i see that axial servo horn in the background, did that work good for you? if so, can i have the part number please so i can try it out on my own. thanks! cool aluminum frame too man, just found that thread im about to order me one too. lol.
Whats up bud
No the servo horn didnt work hahah
Im using the old servo horn from the stock servo
So fas so good its working fine

Whats up bud
No the servo horn didnt work hahah
Im using the old servo horn from the stock servo
So fas so good its working fine

the old servo horn was a fit? i cant seem to make mine go in, or maybe i didnt try hard enough. thats a 25t horn right? looks like imma try and get a fresh one of the stock and try again then.

it'll fit just make sure its aligned and use the screw to push it down
Make sure your tire are also alined
it'll be hard to removed once you get it in there
I hade to use flat screw driver to removed it lol

it'll fit just make sure its aligned and use the screw to push it down
Make sure your tire are also alined
it'll be hard to removed once you get it in there
I hade to use flat screw driver to removed it lol
I made my carbonfiber servo plate by copying the original plastic bracket with a Dremmel tool.The Bl42a servo works great,no slop,.09 on speed.
image.jpeg

Yes the holes in the servo plate do not line up directly which chassis holes, a few mm off.
I used a dremel cutoff wheel to open the two holes on one side of the servo plate.
Then used some 3mm servo/engine mount screws with large heads to secure the servo plate to the posts.

Parts I used:
AXA1423 (7x30mm grey posts)
TRA4859 (3x10mm engine mount screws)
Actobotics standard servo place A (575112)
m3x15 cap head screws
m3x8x0.5mm washers (Arrma AR709003)
m3 flanged nyloc nuts

Attachments

• KratonServoMnt3.jpg
    KratonServoMnt3.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 150
  • KratonServoMnt4.jpg
    KratonServoMnt4.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 151
Well, I done did it... :) I purchased the counter sunk washers, but could not use them - they were too wide, clashed with the servo case. I skipped them, and used button head screws instead.

I really like it. No flex in the mount now!. If I hold the chassis still, and compress the front end a bit, my new 400+oz-in servo will flex the entire front bulkhead, but not the servo mount! LOL

Jerry

Oh, Edit - Amazon now had the "Standard Servo Plate". I got mine there.

Yes the holes in the servo plate do not line up directly which chassis holes, a few mm off.
I used a dremel cutoff wheel to open the two holes on one side of the servo plate.
Then used some 3mm servo/engine mount screws with large heads to secure the servo plate to the posts.

Parts I used:
AXA1423 (7x30mm grey posts)
TRA4859 (3x10mm engine mount screws)
Actobotics standard servo place A (575112)
m3x15 cap head screws
m3x8x0.5mm washers (Arrma AR709003)
m3 flanged nyloc nuts

I also bought the Servo Plate A but not yet received it, at the first message it seems that the plate fits well, the second posts it is not. Are you guys using different plates?

The hole pattern in the "Standard Servo Plate A" is a bit off from the chassis holes - about the width of the screw threads / half a MM. just enough that if the legs are tight to the servo plate, the chassis screws can't get the threads started. The solution for me - assemble everything with all screws about 1 turn loose, so the legs could wobble a bit, then once all 8 screws are in, lock it down tight! Once you torque the screws up proper, there is no flex. No need for cutting / grinding.

Also, look to post # 20 and #22 in this thread - he shows the same issue in #20 and used my fix in #22. No, Actually, I used his fix. :D

Thanks for posting this... The flex is driving me insane, I just ordered up some of the above parts am and going to try it out.

How is it going everyone. I decided to mock up the servo mount since the car is just sitting and I have a dilemma. The servo plate seems to be the wrong dimensions. I will have to get my dads digital caliper to verify. If anyone has any ideas I am open to them.
View attachment 908
I was thinking about taking a dremel to it but I am unsure if it will hold its structural integrity.
Loosen the post on the bottom first and then mount servo, the tighten the posts.

Hey woodie:. With aluminum plate,servo sits a bit higher causing servo control arm to not be straight across or inline to servo.control arm angle a bit down ward to servo. Did you washer up or leave linkage arm slightly on the down ward angle toward servo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back