Servo Mount Upgrade for Arrma Kraton, Talion and Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I just installed the HR brace/mount. It has slight play when I add resistance before reaching endpoint . It's more play when it reaches end point. Do I need to adjust end points? Is the slight play before reaching end points normal? Does GKA have slight play also? I've tried to post a video but i keep failing. Can someone explain how to post video? I'd love to share vedios of both my servo and mount.

Oh, and why do I have rust in my waterproof receiver box? This is the first time I have opened it.

Can anyone comment on GKA vs Voltage Hobbies servo mount? Trying to decide which would work better.

I just installed the HR servo mount. I'm using the Savox 1210sg servo. It took away most of the flex. I can still see a very slight movement. The red and black finish matches the color scheme of my truck. I'm going to change servo to one with more torque soon. I'll updated

View attachment 9398 View attachment 9399 I just installed the HR brace/mount. It has slight play when I add resistance before reaching endpoint . It's more play when it reaches end point. Do I need to adjust end points? Is the slight play before reaching end points normal? Does GKA have slight play also? I've tried to post a video but i keep failing. Can someone explain how to post video? I'd love to share vedios of both my servo and mount.

Oh, and why do I have rust in my waterproof receiver box? This is the first time I have opened it.
I just checked on my servo mount
No play what so ever
Its really pretty solid in there
Where it should be aince
Its solid one piece aluminum and 4 screws holding it down in place

Hr have many screws each screw will have movents thats for sure maybe you can tighten them a bit more loctite maybe?

Can anyone comment on GKA vs Voltage Hobbies servo mount? Trying to decide which would work better.
I got voltage hobbies just because I don't have facebook and voltage is in U.S.A. works great four legs screw on I thought It was one solid piece but works perfect no flex now. not sure if GKA is one solid piece that that would be better imo.
even had hand written note saying thank you for supporting a small US buiness

I got voltage hobbies just because I don't have facebook and voltage is in U.S.A. works great four legs screw on I thought It was one solid piece but works perfect no flex now. not sure if GKA is one solid piece that that would be better imo.
even had hand written note saying thank you for supporting a small US buiness

I too ended up going with the Voltage Hobbies mount for the same reason. I've have found that I do need to occasionally tighten the bottom screws after a while. I'm guessing the GKA mount doesn't have this problem since it's a solid piece.

If GKA was easier to get, I'd have probably gone with it, but overall I'm happy. The VH mount gets the job done with minimal effort on my end and I received the mount very quickly.

I too ended up going with the Voltage Hobbies mount for the same reason. I've have found that I do need to occasionally tighten the bottom screws after a while. I'm guessing the GKA mount doesn't have this problem since it's a solid piece.

If GKA was easier to get, I'd have probably gone with it, but overall I'm happy. The VH mount gets the job done with minimal effort on my end and I received the mount very quickly.

Hi,

I would recommend to use a little bit of medium strength thread lock/loctite on all the screws, this will prevent them from coming loose. Also wipe the screws with a rag or paper towel to remove the light coating of oil they come with to prevent rusting, this will help the thread lock adhere better. It's a good practice to use thread lock anytime you're assembling anything that's metal to metal to prevent parts from loosening up.

Thank you for your purchase and support once again!

Got my GKA mount, Savox 1268SG Black Edition + glitch buster and Axial Servo in today, and wow what a difference it makes, steering so much more solid and responsive now. Everything just fit so easily, just had to add a small spacer and longer screw for the steering link but overall I think it's a good upgrade, not cheap but that's hobby life for you.

IMG_1147.JPG

Just got my VH mount and while it seems like a great item, I had to pay an $18 customs charge on top which makes this a $60 (£46) upgrade. Now this is obviously out of VH's control but I need to flag it as food for thought for other UK members.

is there a site where can buy this upgrade?
what does it come with screws x washers x anything else or is is all separate buy for each item

and how much and is it easy to do also..thanks,

Last edited:

I just Ordered all of them now. Lol.

Thanks!!!

Anything else I need to beef up this Bad boy.

Note to self this is not good.
I usually do this to my
Fast real cars as well and my misis ends up finding packages all over front driveway. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2981.JPG
    IMG_2981.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2982.JPG
    IMG_2982.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2983.JPG
    IMG_2983.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2984.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2985.JPG
    IMG_2985.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    343.4 KB · Views: 110
Reuse all your existing hardware, all my parts requiring new hardware included it. Thank you for your support!

Hey man. Thank you and yes cant wait to arrive. How long does it usually take to ship. ? I ordered today around noon time to ship to ny to my office so the mrs don't see my old new hobby starting again. Lol. Btw i just made a thread on my build. Im open for suggestio s whatever else you may recommend.

Hey man. Thank you and yes cant wait to arrive. How long does it usually take to ship. ? I ordered today around noon time to ship to ny to my office so the mrs don't see my old new hobby starting again. Lol. Btw i just made a thread on my build. Im open for suggestio s whatever else you may recommend.

Your package is already in transit, it was dropped off at the post office earlier today. USPS First Class packages take anywhere from two to five business days. Thanks again.

I purchased an aluminum mount myself and used the included bolts, i have noticed from all the photos that many people are not using the rubber grommets that came on the stock servo

After looking at this page https://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-servos.html i feel that we do need to dampen things especially if you are a basher

About to assemble the Hot Racing servo mount and was wondering why there are so many screws. I see using the smaller screws to mount the servo to the mount and for mounting the shafts to the mount but what are the longer screws for. I was thinking that they are used to mount the servo mount to the chassis. The stock screws are longer and wondering if I use them.

Thanks
JB
141247.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back