Kraton Servo mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Any recommendations on a servo mount for a v4 Kraton? I ordered a servo but forgot to order a new mount ??Thanks

Just bash it
0855BD71-EDB1-451C-BBD8-6B797EAFAEF3.jpeg

Swap the stock 4 mounting screws with 30mm long screws, and save your money. The longer screws make the stock plastic mount rock solid.

what other places can I put in 30mm screws and or bigger screws around the 6s that will help?

what other places can I put in 30mm screws and or bigger screws around the 6s that will help?
There are a few places on the front / rear bulkheads that you could put longer screws, with a nut on the back side, but they are not really needed unless you strip the threads in the bulkhead.

There are a few places on the front / rear bulkheads that you could put longer screws, with a nut on the back side, but they are not really needed unless you strip the threads in the bulkhead.
Wish I could do that on the diff cap screws... or at least have enough material to drill them out for 4mm bolts. Seems like after I take them out/put them in a couple times, they strip the threads, then I have to replace the entire bulkhead. So a job that should have taken 20 minutes now takes an hour and pray I have a spare bulkhead on hand. I do use a power driver, but I stop before the bolt touches the diff cap/cover, then screw it down by hand...

Wish I could do that on the diff cap screws... or at least have enough material to drill them out for 4mm bolts. Seems like after I take them out/put them in a couple times, they strip the threads, then I have to replace the entire bulkhead. So a job that should have taken 20 minutes now takes an hour and pray I have a spare bulkhead on hand. I do use a power driver, but I stop before the bolt touches the diff cap/cover, then screw it down by hand...
Just shove something in that hole before putting the cover back on. Small zip tie is my go to but you could also stick a toothpick, a piece of steel wool, or anything small like that.

Just shove something in that hole before putting the cover back on. Small zip tie is my go to but you could also stick a toothpick, a piece of steel wool, or anything small like that.
I did that when working on it most recently. I use relatively course copper wire strands. They conform to the threads and smash into the plastic. I didn't have another bulkhead on hand. :(

Yeah, power tools strip threads easy. IMHO, heat will kill them more often than over-torque. Think on how hot screws are when you zip them out with the power tool. These days, when reassembling, I keep the speed slow, just a few mm per second. I have not stripped a screw in a long time, at least not an important one...

Yeah, power tools strip threads easy. IMHO, heat will kill them more often than over-torque. Think on how hot screws are when you zip them out with the power tool. These days, when reassembling, I keep the speed slow, just a few mm per second. I have not stripped a screw in a long time, at least not an important one...
True. I learnt this the hard way. Always go slowly slowly now with my electric screwdriver into and out of plastic.

I'm a big fan of the idea of using longer screws
Swap the stock 4 mounting screws with 30mm long screws, and save your money. The longer screws make the stock plastic mount rock solid.
I really like this idea - however my experience on a V5 Kraton is that a 30mm screw is too long.
Perhaps a 20mm screw would be suitable.

In my case, I saw this thread and gleefully grabbed a 30mm screw and replaced one of the shorter stock screws with it.
I did not take adequate care to monitor the top side of the servo mount as I was getting to the bottom of the screw. (It was late, I just wanted to get a quick RC wrenching fix before bed, and other excuses...)

The screw seated flush with the chassis, but it pushed through the top face of the servo mount. It kinda looks like my servo mount has a zit :)

It's probably fine - though once my shorter screws arrive I intend to use those instead for the other 3 posts on the servo mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back