Outcast Servo mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Finally picked up a voltage servo mount! Hopefully my servo won't go to shxt next. If it does. What's the best WATERPROOF servo to use?

Also, servos are almost water resistant or splash resistant. I wish I had saved the money on the water proof and part, and got a stronger servo. However, I am using the Savox 1210SG and it's waterproof and plenty strong for heavy bashing. BUt I live in Sountern CA and we just don't get very much rain.

@thatyellowjeepguy I'd recommend checking out the Savox SW-0231MG.
Strong enough? Will it last. The price is very nice!

Also, servos are almost water resistant or splash resistant. I wish I had saved the money on the water proof and part, and got a stronger servo. However, I am using the Savox 1210SG and it's waterproof and plenty strong for heavy bashing. BUt I live in Sountern CA and we just don't get very much rain.
What would you have rather got?

Here are the specs on the

SAVOX 0231MG
Dimensions(mm): 41.8x20.2x42.9
Weight(g): 66
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .17
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 208.0

then on the
SAVOX 1210SG
Dimensions(mm): 40.6x20.7x42.0
Weight(g): 71
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .15
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 277.7

BUt the Savox 2250SG would have been about the same price as my waterproof 1210SG
here are the specs for the
Savox 2250Sg
Dimensions(mm): 40.3x20x37.2
Weight(g): 68.0
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .15
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 347

So the 2250SG is just as fast as mine but with 70 more oz-in of torque. Since I never see water, the extra couple bucks would have made for a stronger servo that is just as fast. However at 3 times the price of the 0231MG, I can see where the 0231MG might be attractive.

That 1270 looks like good. If you are looking at Savox, they are all good servos, just pick the one with enough torque, metal gears and that fits in the budget. The specs on the 1270 look strong and quick. Not water proof, but if you don't bash watery spots, that's not a concern.

That 1270 looks like good. If you are looking at Savox, they are all good servos, just pick the one with enough torque, metal gears and that fits in the budget. The specs on the 1270 look strong and quick. Not water proof, but if you don't bash watery spots, that's not a concern.

I couldn't find a good waterproof one unless I'm missing it. If you have a recommendation please let me know!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back