Servo Problem, please help !!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny Blauwal

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello everyone,
I am real new to this hobby and don’t know alot about it so sorry in advance, but my servo is playing up.
When i steer to the right is doesn’t go back to the center but only stays to the right and when i steer to the left the servo arm pushes back against the esc housing and makes the servo holder move aswell and also makes grinding sound which cant be good....the trim is on 0 and when i try too steer straight i have to have it on +22 R just to go straight, i re centerd the Horn yesterday but still know improvement, is the servo broke or am i missing something in the adjustment/setup department ????? I have uploaded a pic aswell so u can see what i mean.... thanks in advance for any pointers...

Take the servo horn off the servo, center the radio, reinstall the servo horn where the front wheels are as straight as you can get them, adjust the servo turnbuckle to perfectly straight wheels, adjust the servo endpoints on the radio.

What RC is this for? What servo? What servo saver?
stock arrma Typhon with stock servo and servo saver
have done all the above but still have same issues, befor i move the steering the wheels etc are as straight as i can get them the servo horn is at 90 degrees as soon as i turn left is doesn't recenter ......i am trying to upload a video of it but it keeps telling me that i not authorized or something

stock arrma Typhon with stock servo and servo saver
have done all the above but still have same issues, i am trying to upload a video of it but it keeps telling me that i not authorized or something
There are a bunch of Arrma Typhons. Please be specific.

soory Jondillly the v4 model
It’s a combo of three issues.

1) Stock servo is crap ?
2) Plastic servo mount is crap ?
3) V4 servo saver is too ?

Get a new 25kg or more servo with metal gears, an aluminum servo mount, and check out Bicketybam’s video on the V4 servo saver. You will need to add some snap rings to the SS to add tension to the spring.

It’s a combo of three issues.

1) Stock servo is crap ?
2) Plastic servo mount is crap ?
3) V4 servo saver is too ?

Get a new 25kg or more servo with metal gears, an aluminum servo mount, and check out Bicketybam’s video on the V4 servo saver. You will need to add some snap rings to the SS to add tension to the spring.
i have had this problem specifally the huge pull to the left or right whilst driving for a couple of weeks now, have looked at all the youtube vids i could find and done evrything they suggested from squareing the car off, turnbuckel adjustments, ride hight, camber toe and the whole shabang but nothing seems to work, still have the same problems, its driving me mad so damn fruststraiting aswell....but if it is the the 3 you mentioned then its reasuring to know where the problem is....and that apparently lots have people have had theirs issues with the stock arrma Servo and mount.....

its the servo... the potentiometer cant find center.. its common.. ive had 2 of the ads 15 servos do that... replace the servo... ?

its the servo... the potentiometer cant find center.. its common.. ive had 2 of the ads 15 servos do that... replace the servo... ?
Thank F**ck for that, i was beginning to think it’s something major and i would have to scrap the whole thing, thanks for you’re reply and input
I have a cr3p absima remote, will that work with a savöx servo ?

Thank F**ck for that, i was beginning to think it’s something major and i would have to scrap the whole thing, thanks for you’re reply and input

I have a cr3p absima remote, will that work with a savöx servo ?

im not familiar with that system.. but im sure it will function fine as long as its not some high voltage servo.. ?

Right i have done all the above, swaped out the servo for a new one ( a cheapy blue one 20 kg of amazon was recommended to me for doin speedruns) centerd It, checked all plastics etc for breakage but found none, adjusted turnbuckles so that the wheels are in line and straight(as seen on pics) done endpoints etc and still the bastard thing stills pulls to the left, i now only need to trim it to +16 on right as apose to the +24 it was before but nonetheless if if don’t trimm it all then it wont go straight to save my life,
i have a few questions:
1: is this minor trim normal?
2: is it maybe the weight of the battery that causes it?
3: is it maybe the esc ? Or something else

Thanks a lot in advance for tips,pointers or help i am goin nuts trying to fix this issue and the idea of smashing it to bits with a baseball bat is slowly growing on me:).

Attachments

• 417578E4-3D53-46C6-A79C-B567C1691F4D.jpeg
    417578E4-3D53-46C6-A79C-B567C1691F4D.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 049D57A1-C080-4156-A879-EA49B32F0A39.jpeg
    049D57A1-C080-4156-A879-EA49B32F0A39.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 67
  • D060A56B-EEF1-49FC-95FB-EDE961E5269F.jpeg
    D060A56B-EEF1-49FC-95FB-EDE961E5269F.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 63
I think you may have a transmitter/receiver problem. I had a similar thing with a Flysky GT3B. On some models I had to make the steering trim almost extreme right or extreme left to keep straight. It didn't matter if I changed to a different servo (even different receivers) almost always extreme left or extreme right to line things up right it bugged the crap out of me. Changed to a different tx/rx no extreme adjustment needed. It eventually developed a range issue and I just gave up on it. I would try a different transmitter/receiver and see what happens (even if it means going back to the STX2).

Ok swapped out receiver with the original but still no difference, last night i noticed that when my servo was centerd the steering brace was more to the left side than the other (see pic 1) so i begun to remove the top plate to have a closer look,and then noticed that when i steer to the left it doesn’t recenter it self and same as when i steer to the right.
So it cant be the servo,reciever, which is causing this, could it be that the servo saver needs adjusting backwards so that when the servo arm is at 90 degrees and centerd the steering brace is also centerd, or is this normal and should i just throw the damn rig over a rainbow?????

Attachments

• 984704B8-3853-46B2-BC04-9BB8A83F127F.jpeg
    984704B8-3853-46B2-BC04-9BB8A83F127F.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 52
  • BA027CCF-F14C-4EF6-B189-3FBD2E0EFAA7.jpeg
    BA027CCF-F14C-4EF6-B189-3FBD2E0EFAA7.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 67
Ok swapped out receiver with the original but still no difference, last night i noticed that when my servo was centerd the steering brace was more to the left side than the other (see pic 1) so i begun to remove the top plate to have a closer look,and then noticed that when i steer to the left it doesn’t recenter it self and same as when i steer to the right.
So it cant be the servo,reciever, which is causing this, could it be that the servo saver needs adjusting backwards so that when the servo arm is at 90 degrees and centerd the steering brace is also centerd, or is this normal and should i just throw the damn rig over a rainbow?????
Is the Ackerman plate bent?

Is the Ackerman plate bent?
Please tell me that its normal that it doesn’t lay flush with the work top and i haven’t made a complete prat out of myself ????

Attachments

• 41C5ED24-3772-4613-B4E5-7C5EA1CB6922.jpeg
    41C5ED24-3772-4613-B4E5-7C5EA1CB6922.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 29222781-0F52-4B4A-9134-EB7DD90582E6.jpeg
    29222781-0F52-4B4A-9134-EB7DD90582E6.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 01FAAA8C-6D64-422A-AED6-BAE64D21715D.jpeg
    01FAAA8C-6D64-422A-AED6-BAE64D21715D.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 43
  • AABE3ACA-CB1A-4DF1-81A8-2F3761CB85B9.jpeg
    AABE3ACA-CB1A-4DF1-81A8-2F3761CB85B9.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 51
Please tell me that its normal that it doesn’t lay flush with the work top and i haven’t made a complete prat out of myself ????
Well all you need to fix that is a BFH adjustment

Ok installed a new ackermann plate today, the issues i had the of it not centering itself seems to have eben eradicated, however it is still more to the left as seen in the pics, because the servo arm only seems to go on either at 90 degrees or slightly more towards the front this results in the Ackermann plate being more to the right lol, is there something i am missing or is this normal and by adjusting the turnbuckles later it will center itself out, thanks in advance for any help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back