Servo problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnytoofast

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Alright guys. So for the last three runs I've made my limitless gt has been all over the place, tryed everything to keep it straight. Got home and realized that for some reason when I turn it doesn't go back to zero it stays turned just a little bit but enough to screw my run up. Any ideas what could cause this. It is a "ebay special" servo. It's a 25kg digital high speed servo. Could the servo cause it or could it be the bearing carriers? I'm stumped.

Disconnect the servo arm and operate the servo first. See if it moves fine L-R and R-L properly and equally both directions. Try to move the servo by hand while its powered on and centered. Is there any slop that you can see. Check that you have enough free play in your Steering Belcrank and Pivot balls. Could just be the Servo gears are worn ( slop). Could be a a bad Potentiometer in the the servo. The Pot. is responsible for "return to center", when the Tx wheel is released. I run DS3235, 35 kg, Coreless servos from AMZ. $32.00. They work fine for all of my rigs. On road rigs only need about 25kg servos IMHO. But 35 kg is good for all of my 6s rigs. Including my Lim And Infr.
Are you running any type of Gyro or AVC? Trying to eliminate the possibilities.
I guess you already tried to adjust your ST trim?
There are many reasons aside from the servo that can cause ST to drift at speed.
Chassis setup and wheel alignment are a few. Shock pre-load and Droop as well.
You may know this already.:unsure:
:cool:

Disconnect the servo arm and operate the servo first. See if it moves fine L-R and R-L properly and equally both directions. Try to move the servo by hand while its powered on and centered. Is there any slop that you can see. Check that you have enough free play in your Steering Belcrank and Pivot balls. Could just be the Servo gears are worn ( slop). Could be a a bad Potentiometer in the the servo. The Pot. is responsible for "return to center", when the Tx wheel is released. I run DS3235, 35 kg, Coreless servos from AMZ. $32.00. They work fine for all of my rigs. On road rigs only need about 25kg servos IMHO. But 35 kg is good for all of my 6s rigs. Including my Lim And Infr.
Are you running any type of Gyro or AVC? Trying to eliminate the possibilities.
I guess you already tried to adjust your ST trim?
There are many reasons aside from the servo that can cause ST to drift at speed.
Chassis setup and wheel alignment are a few. Shock pre-load and Droop as well.
You may know this already.:unsure:
:cool:
See I know most of that but my issue is is that it's not all the time. It only does it hear and there and it's hard to diagnose the problem when it's not consistant.
See I know most of that but my issue is is that it's not all the time. It only does it hear and there and it's hard to diagnose the problem when it's not consistant.
When I get home I'll go threw everything you mentioned. I'm more used to off road. Only been speed running for the last 6 months.
When I get home I'll go threw everything you mentioned. I'm more used to off road. Only been speed running for the last 6 months.

Sounds like it could be a bellcrank problemo.. Does it dart in one direction and stay in that direction.. Corrections make it dart back the opposing way and stay in said direction, just asking if its exhibiting this behavior cuz i had to swap out bellcrank bushings for bearings?
@SrC love how u just bang out solutions and possibilities!!

Only got it for the range and double antenna Rx. I've gotten all of the 600meters it says it has.
Sounds like it could be a bellcrank problemo.. Does it dart in one direction and stay in that direction.. Corrections make it dart back the opposing way and stay in said direction, just asking if its exhibiting this behavior cuz i had to swap out bellcrank bushings for bearings?
@SrC love how u just bang out solutions and possibilities!!
Do you know what size bearing it takes in the bell crank? I don't have a micrometer

Could be the servo or something binding. Could even be the receiver.

I've got two LC Racing vehicles that both have the same problem. The steering trim wanders as I run them. It starts centered and gets farther and farther from center as the battery pack runs down. By LVC, I am at full left trim to keep it driving straight. I moved one of the receivers to my crawler, and it acts the same way so it is definitely the receivers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back