Kraton Servo question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason@B

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I'm new to hobby grade rc. I have a kraton exb with the Raw 500 servo. Firma 150a esc. The servo doesn't have enough torque to turn the wheels on low cut grass. If you lift the car off the ground the wheels turn all the way. Do I need an external BEC?

Do you see what is happening i.e. is the servo stalling out when this happens?
My guess, there is sufficient friction to engage the servo saver and it absorbs all that torque.
What tires?

If your servo has full travel - it's time to shim the servo saver.
If it does not, no idea what your stall current is but you are spec'd high enough from a torque value at 7.4V. ESC should have no issues.

Now why do you want them to turn all the way when standing still?
Typically, they fall in line as soon as they turn for the slightest amount. This is a high friction environment.

Thanks for your input. I just assumed that they should turn all the way when sitting still. Maybe the exb was a lil too much for the first rc. It has the stock tires.

When stationary it’s normal for the tires to struggle to turn lock to lock. How is the handling while moving ? Does the steering still suffer? I’d try turning your firma’s bec to 7.4

I appreciate the help. Its the servo saver absorbing the torque. I set the bex on 7.4. When it starts to move it turns all the way to the end point.

By all means you are fine the way it is but there are ways to adjust the new type servo saver. You can add 'c-clips and shim the spring. Not an expert on it myself but search for it.
You could have saved yourself some money by using a lesser servo. The servo saver is just doing it's job and you will never stand still anyway ;)

Video's on using a shim/washer but this is too complicated imho. If you ever plan on disassembling to switch the steering bushings to bearings, that is the right time to do it.

By all means you are fine the way it is but there are ways to adjust the new type servo saver. You can add 'c-clips and shim the spring. Not an expert on it myself but search for it.
You could have saved yourself some money by using a lesser servo. The servo saver is just doing it's job and you will never stand still anyway ;)

Video's on using a shim/washer but this is too complicated imho. If you ever plan on disassembling to switch the steering bushings to bearings, that is the right time to do it.

Something noteworthy... the EXB uses a stiffer servo saver spring than the standard V4. Just a thought :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back