Servo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
One of my servos on a voltage would work great for five or six minutes of every ride and then start malfunctioning. I checked everything including connections, servo saver (kimbrough) receiver etc and was still getting the same results. So I replaced the survo and was playing with the old I thought was broken. I hooked it up and sat there turning it back and forth for five minutes, then it would suddenly start shaking inside and not work so well.

Is this a typical action of a servo that’s dying? It’s one of those 20 KG Chineseium ones.

One of my servos on a voltage would work great for five or six minutes of every ride and then start malfunctioning. I checked everything including connections, servo saver (kimbrough) receiver etc and was still getting the same results. So I replaced the survo and was playing with the old I thought was broken. I hooked it up and sat there turning it back and forth for five minutes, then it would suddenly start shaking inside and not work so well.

Is this a typical action of a servo that’s dying? It’s one of those 20 KG Chineseium ones.
I have a savox that does the same thing. LHS twisted on it and handed it back said "good". But it jitters bad after just a couple mins.
Stock servos should be thrown in the trash with force the second you open the new box. They all pretty much crap out fast. Your problem sounds typical.
Maybe the second they crap out. Yes. But thats not what hes talking about.✌

I have a savox that does the same thing. LHS twisted on it and handed it back said "good". But it jitters bad after just a couple mins.

Maybe the second they crap out. Yes. But thats not what hes talking about.✌
Yeah this was throwing me off and since I’ve never had a survo crap out. On all three of our 3s cars I made sure to set the servos up properly to begin with, so they still run strong. But on all three of our voltages I threw in those cheap 20 or 25KG Dsservo’s. This was the first one having issues. Since it died gradually and not all at once it confused me a bit. Thanks buddy!
Stock servos should be thrown in the trash with force the second you open the new box. They all pretty much crap out fast. Your problem sounds typical.
Why would you waste something new? Every part I pull from my car I recycle, if it’s still usable, into another lower vehicle. I am sure some others do the same. Stock parts work well if they’re treated right and set up correctly. And if they don’t work well on that particular car they may on a different one. Common sense man.
Yeah this was throwing me off and since I’ve never had a survo crap out. On all three of our 3s cars I made sure to set the servos up properly to begin with, so they still run strong. But on all three of our voltages I threw in those cheap 20 or 25KG Dsservo’s. This was the first one having issues. Since it died gradually and not all at once it confused me a bit. Thanks buddy!

Why would you waste something new? Every part I pull from my car I recycle, if it’s still usable, into another lower vehicle. I am sure some others do the same. Stock parts work well if they’re treated right and set up correctly. And if they don’t work well on that particular car they may on a different one. Common sense man.
Besides, did you even read the post 🙄 Your answer had nothing to do with what I was talking about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back