Servo saver adj. for kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I’ve never done this, could you walk me thru it. I saw a few videos how to adjust the saver,,but nothing in detail. Just getting to know thi s rig. I’m in a learning curve right. Thanks guys. TAZZZZ

I would love to know as well , i understand how to make the adjustment, just don't get what making it loose or tight does

there is pro's and cons to tight and lose its finding the right point for the type of driving you do
speed runs will get away with a tight servo saver but a basher likely wont

the tighter the servo saver is the less shock the servo gears can take from impacts so more likely to get gear damage in the servo
the loser the servo saver the more sloppy the steering is
its a matter of fine tuning that perfect point your happy with

Why do this ? I don't understand

I noticed my outcast was having a hard time turning around in the sense it would take a 30 foot circle to make a u-turn. It turns out my Servo saver had loosened itself up. So I would tighten it a few turns and then drive the truck and then tighten it some more and try the truck again until I was happy with how it turned.

Why do this ? I don't understand

If your spring tension on the servo saver is to tight it is gonna cause binding. You won' get a full throw in the steering side to side. Hope that helps t o understand and another way to adjust is look at the bottom of the servo saver and if the threaded part is about 1 8th to 1/4 from the chassis should b good on the adjustment. But the screw I. The top of the rack by looking it a quarter turn at a time. Checking the hole time to see if it gets better. If you need anymore help and I'll make a video explaining it

Screenshot_20180403-061523.jpg

@Iamtheoutcast -
That is not the screw to adjust the Servo Saver. That screw holds the assembly together. See my red circle in your pic - this scalloped nut sets the spring tension. On my Kraton, I have it set about a nut's height above the chassis. Higher is tigher. If it is almost touching the chassis, it will be too loose. To adjust it, see the video Crash posted above. If you adjust the nut the wrong way, and bind it against the chassis, you must tear apart the front end to get it loose.
SS screw.jpg

I' very aware that that screw is ot the servo saver. Try tightening it all the way down and use your steeri g you'l c what I mean. The servo saver is under what I circled attached to the threaded part with the spring. I kno this I'm just saying I thought my servo saver was to tight I backed the screw out a quarer turn and it freed up the steering just trying to give u other options to what could b the problem. Ive torn all my arrmas many times trust me on it tighten it all the way down and c if it didn't affect the steering charictristics of the rig

The servo saver arm is 2 pieces if the screw I circled is to tight it will limit the ability for the 2 individual parts to twist. I kno I thought my servo saver was to tight and here it was from me tering down the car and over tightening it when I rebuilt the car so this is comming from my first hand experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back