Servo Saver Adjustment on a Senton, Kraton, or Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doozie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I was curious if someone could give me a heads up on the tightness we should have on the servo saver spring? After I replaced a broken lower suspension arm for my Senton I notice that the car doesn't seem to want to straighten out fully after making a turn. I just read somewhere else that tightening this spring could help but how much do I want to tighten it? I just put it to where the spring has no gaps then tightened it about a 1/4 turn further.

That might be too much though, the manual has no in depth information about this adjustment. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
What's the issue you're seeing?

After a bit more research I found out that the issue I was seeing was not the servo saver at all the issue was a defective servo on my Senton. After calling Arrma and explaining to them the issue I was having they sent me a new servo under warranty. They really do seem to stand behind their products, which is great! It is probably in your best interest to give them a call and tell them what the issue is, especially if it could be servo related.

As a side note, if you're having lower front suspension arms snap like I am you can put a 1mm thick washer on the steel ball between the suspension arm and the ball, this apparently distributes the force out better and prevents the suspension arms from snapping at the ends. Definitely do this one, I've went through 4 suspension arms now!
From what I understand this is the washer size you'd want to use: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFUR7

Hope this helps!

I have Outcast. I want to know when should I adjust the Servo Saver?
How tight or loosen it should be?
I lost tow stock servo until now do you think the servo saver have any relation!

The servo saver acts like a shock absorber for the servo and it's gears...if the saver is loose you most probably won't have the greatest steering because the saver will be activated when the servo is driven....if it is too tight it not activated saver and on any hard impacts to your tires the force will transfer through to the servo and no shock will be absorbed by the saver hence possibly/most likely stripping your servo gears or damage to the servo which will be not a good thing....you need to find that happy medium that works for you and the truck set-up....I always check to make sure the servo saver spring locknut does not loosen over time and add some blue locative (medium strength) once I am happy with the adjustment. Cheers

The servo saver acts like a shock absorber for the servo and it's gears...if the saver is loose you most probably won't have the greatest steering because the saver will be activated when the servo is driven....if it is too tight it not activated saver and on any hard impacts to your tires the force will transfer through to the servo and no shock will be absorbed by the saver hence possibly/most likely stripping your servo gears or damage to the servo which will be not a good thing....you need to find that happy medium that works for you and the truck set-up....I always check to make sure the servo saver spring locknut does not loosen over time and add some blue locative (medium strength) once I am happy with the adjustment. Cheers

great information. I will try to lose my Servo Saver and see the result

I have Outcast. I want to know when should I adjust the Servo Saver?
How tight or loosen it should be?
I lost tow stock servo until now do you think the servo saver have any relation!

Cuzzy is right on about the servo saver. But also, on the stock servo - it has brass gears. Better than plastic by a long shot, but for the Kraton/Outcast/Talion, they will strip out. Look for an aftermarket servo with either Steel or Titanium gears, speed of 0.12 or faster, and torque of 300oz/in or 25kg or better.

Cuzzy is right on about the servo saver. But also, on the stock servo - it has brass gears. Better than plastic by a long shot, but for the Kraton/Outcast/Talion, they will strip out. Look for an aftermarket servo with either Steel or Titanium gears, speed of 0.12 or faster, and torque of 300oz/in or 25kg or better.

I already ordered Savox servo hopefully it works like it should be.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Savox-SW-1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back