servo saver adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I adjust this nero servo saver? It turns very weak to the right side
there is a big red adjustable knob if you flip truck upside down its in front.
FB_IMG_1475193328262.jpg
20160929_195405.jpg

Thanks Josh -
VERY important if anyone saw what happened to SF crawler this morning....Warning : The pictures are GRAPHIC , keep small ones out of the room.....

there is a big red adjustable knob if you flip truck upside down its in front. View attachment 3198 View attachment 3199
Josh - me and my wife Bday today - I ordered up a new Senton BLX ...!!

Thanks Josh -
VERY important if anyone saw what happened to SF crawler this morning....Warning : The pictures are GRAPHIC , keep small ones out of the room.....

Josh - me and my wife Bday today - I ordered up a new Senton BLX ...!!

Happy birthday to you both!!! i always buy myself the coolest poop for birthday and christmas... lol and I recently won a typhon on a raffle site I mess with on facebook. I was gonna buy a talion but hey typhoon is fun, gonna attempt to race it out doors on a clay track, also grabbed up a mbx7 echo and am defiantly racing that. it's in a box rite now.

Happy birthday to you both!!! i always buy myself the coolest poop for birthday and christmas... lol and I recently won a typhon on a raffle site I mess with on facebook. I was gonna buy a talion but hey typhoon is fun, gonna attempt to race it out doors on a clay track, also grabbed up a mbx7 echo and am defiantly racing that. it's in a box rite now.
Hey thanks man. See that nasty crash CW destroyed his Nero. Crazy.

So that red adjustment nut is actually 2 separate nuts. One acts as a lock nut and other sets the servo saver spring pressure. Some people say they are able to adjust it without removing it from the truck. My fingers were to big so I has to disconnect everything and take it out of the truck to make the adjustment.

To tighten the servo saver while it is still in the truck:
  • Flip the truck upside down
  • Loosen the upper red nut by turning it counter clockwise, this is the lock nut and needs to be loosed enough so that the 2nd nut spins freely.
  • Tighten the lower red nut by turning it clockwise. How tight you make it depends on how tight you want your servo saver to be.
  • Tighten the upper red nut by turning it clockwise until it is snug against the lower nut.
As I said doing this while the servo saver is in the truck is difficult and tedious. It is also rather difficult to really test how tight it is set while it is still in the truck. It is a bit of extra work to take it out of the truck, but for me it was worth it to take the extra time so that I could verify how tight it was really set and not brake anything else while I was trying to adjust the red nuts through the skid plate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back