Granite Servo saver help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrlDad314

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Anyone have tips/videos showing how to trim and install a Kimbrough 124 servo saver?

I just put my stock one over top and noted which hole lines up. Then trimed off everything with a knife or side cuts leaving only the part from the main body to that hole. Ensure the material left comes straight off the body to the hole and not at a weird angle.

I just put my stock one over top and noted which hole lines up. Then trimed off everything with a knife or side cuts leaving only the part from the main body to that hole. Ensure the material left comes straight off the body to the hole and not at a weird angle.
Thanks! How do you like this servo saver?

I cant say I notice any difference. I simply had to buy it because i bought the wrong-toothed spline when my stock servo took a poop and i upgraded it. Saw a thread where someone was referencing a 24 or 25 tooth servo and come to find out the v3 senton switched to the other.

^^^ đź‘Ť
Yeah that Kimbrough SS has been around since the early days of RC. The design never changed. Made of a nylon type plastic. Very strong. The coil spring inside it may wear out over time, that's all. But if the spring doesn't get wet and rusty can last for years. If it gets rusty, slight slop/play develops. That's all. These are considered cheap to replace consumable Servo savers. But are the best out there. Track guys were using them in 1/10 scale for many years. When 99% of all servos back then used Plastic gears. I have this same servo in all my Vintage RC10T's and GT's. Over 20+ years old. It always comes with spline adapters. Universal. Use the correct one always. This SS was actually a "required to complete part"/ item when building scratch built kits years ago. With the advent of RTR's these days it has become a common replacement upgrade part.

Last edited:
Back