Typhon Servo saver issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nebula34

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey All,

2 Questions for the hive mind:
1). I went to go replace my servo (again) today on my 3S Typhon. This is the third one - the others have been stock spectrum and have all pooped out on me after a few rides??? I'm calibrating the servo's once they're on, but they just seem to burn out. Is this as issue with Spectrum stock servos? Could I be doing something wrong? My son and I drive his Rustler (3 years running) and have never had this issue on his truck.

2) When I went to adjust the servo saver that I'd just put on, the whole thing came apart. There were some 4 letter words (like "darn") exchanged between myself and the servo saver. Is there any way to salvage this? I tried getting the spring back in, but it really wasn't wanting to stay. Tips?

Thanks All

IMG_0571.jpg

Hey All,

1). I went to go replace my servo (again) today on my 3S Typhon. This is the third one - the others have been stock spectrum and have all pooped out on me after a few rides??? I'm calibrating the servo's once they're on, but they just seem to burn out. Is this as issue with Spectrum stock servos? Could I be doing something wrong? My son and I drive his Rustler (3 years running) and have never had this issue on his truck.

2) When I went to adjust the servo saver that I'd just put on, the whole thing came apart. There were some 4 letter words (like "darn") exchanged between myself and the servo saver. Is there any way to salvage this? I tried getting the spring back in, but it really wasn't wanting to stay. Tips?

Thanks All

View attachment 235566
Try this link, I haven't had to do this but hope it helps
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/fitting-the-spring-back-in-the-servo-saver.52430/

And check for binding with the servo off and when installed make sure it's not hitting something We have 2 Typhons, neither have given us any trouble with the servo.

Hey All,

Thanks All

View attachment 235566
The tabs at the ends of the spring look like they broke off. Need a new one? Not 100% sure from where I am.
And yeah, you need a 25 Splined Servo saver for the DS3235. And most servos are 25 spline. Just Spektrum garbage servos use 23 spline SS's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back