Kraton Servo saver loosens up while running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
Howdy gang-

So my Kraton started having an interesting issue a while back - while running the servo saver will loosen up. I can do the whole Allen key thru the hole in the bottom of the chassis and tighten it down real good, but it just works loose again, and pretty quick too - I have to tighten it 2-3 times per battery. If I don't catch it in time, the adjustment nut will jam against the chassis, and lock the whole SS from turning - which can only be fixed with a full tear down.

Anyone else see this problem? I don't want to use locktite on that screw (done that before on different models, the loctite goes everywhere and gums up the works). I am thinking of teflon tape, next teardown. But why did it start doing this? This is an older V1 Kraton, with lots of use. I am guessing something in there is worn out, but not sure what.

Took me a while to find the time to tear into this... But I finally did Friday. Short story, I still have no idea how this thing loosens up. The screw does not touch anything other than the spring and the aluminum shaft, and they all turn as a unit. I didn't add Locktite or plumbers tape as I had first planned. Ran a full battery, and it didn't seem to loosen up again, so maybe it is OK... Well see...

Took me a while to find the time to tear into this... But I finally did Friday. Short story, I still have no idea how this thing loosens up. The screw does not touch anything other than the spring and the aluminum shaft, and they all turn as a unit. I didn't add Locktite or plumbers tape as I had first planned. Ran a full battery, and it didn't seem to loosen up again, so maybe it is OK... Well see...
What do you know I'm having the same problem lol. Not sure I wanna use lock tight but would plumbers tape really hold it??

I don't know. I tore it down, and reassembled the SS in my hand. The spring puts a lot of pressure on the nut, making it hard to turn the nut.

Best I can tell the only way the nut can be turned against the threads is when the SS is actually actuated. The shaft is locked to the servo arm side (top), and the spring is against the wheel arm side (bottom). Maybe adding a washer or shim on both sides of the spring would help stop the spring from turning the nut... Wonder if I diff shim would be close to the right size to use as a washer?

That might work. Instead of it working the nut loose it'll just turn on the washers? Let me know if it solves the issue. I'm going to have to wait until we come back from vacation before I get a chance to do any work to mine.

I don't know. I tore it down, and reassembled the SS in my hand. The spring puts a lot of pressure on the nut, making it hard to turn the nut.

Best I can tell the only way the nut can be turned against the threads is when the SS is actually actuated. The shaft is locked to the servo arm side (top), and the spring is against the wheel arm side (bottom). Maybe adding a washer or shim on both sides of the spring would help stop the spring from turning the nut... Wonder if I diff shim would be close to the right size to use as a washer?
Try using Permatex blue gel locker. It sales at Auto stores, no mess, I often apply it with a flattened toothpick end. Great for everywhere but pinion and drive cup grubs. Hold is not as great as Loctite blue liquid 242, but perfect for motor mount and other fixed areas. Allows for specific targeted placement.

or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-...413827?hash=item3d31514183:g:VlEAAOSwWxNYpdu4

s-l400.jpg

It is aluminum, drops in with no changes to anything else. Works great. I have not had a thing back out or go wrong with this HR part. I do think I dropped a washer/shim on top of the assembly to snug it up just a tad.

It is aluminum, drops in with no changes to anything else. Works great. I have not had a thing back out or go wrong with this HR part. I do think I dropped a washer/shim on top of the assembly to snug it up just a tad.
Right on. I'll give it a shot next time I go to upgrade something. Thanks for the great info.

Looks like it is made to use the stock nut, spring, and post. I am about 90% sure this issue is with some combination of those three parts.

Looks like it is made to use the stock nut, spring, and post. I am about 90% sure this issue is with some combination of those three parts.

YOU ARE RIGHT. Not sure why I didn't put that together. The Hot Racing Bell Crank, does in fact sit on top of thestock spring and adjustment nut. Maybe a little drop of loc tite is the best option.

Well damn. Not what I wanted to hear lol. I'll give it a shot when I have to take it apart.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back