Kraton Servo saver problems Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
The steering on my Kraton is terrible and I can’t figure out how to fix it. Here is a video

Servo slop

I’ve already done all the East Tactics mods , so bearings in place of the bushings, I’m up to 4 Snap rings on the servo saver spring to tighten it but there is this other slop I can’t figure out. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix? Thanks

Wow you got a problem there for sure.:(
To me it looks like you have NO BB's in the Bell cranks at all.!!!:unsure: Perhaps the wrong ones installed?????????? IDK. Appears to be some binding also.
That slop is incredibly bad. Something is either worn out or has incorrect parts installed.

>>>Need to take all apart and start all over again. Looking over the fit of all parts, as you reassemble part by part.
Double check your installation.:cool:
Something is amiss.

Wow you got a problem there for sure.:(
To me it looks like you have NO BB's in the Bell cranks at all.!!!:unsure: Perhaps the wrong ones installed?????????? IDK. Appears to be some binding also.
That slop is incredibly bad. Something is either worn out or has incorrect parts installed.

>>>Need to take all apart and start all over again. Looking over the fit of all parts, as you reassemble part by part.
Double check your installation.:cool:
Something is amiss.
Yead definitely looks like there aren't any bearings in there at all.

I would have just bought a whole new steering setup from jenny's for 30$ and called it a day lol.

I would have just bought a whole new steering setup from jenny's for 30$ and called it a day lol.
Admit defeat? Never. I will spend an inordinate number of hours cursing, wrenching and, analyzing, six beers deep until I figure this out like a frickin' man! Well at least another day's worth.....

Admit defeat? Never. I will spend an inordinate number of hours cursing, wrenching and, analyzing, six beers deep until I figure this out like a frickin' man! Well at least another day's worth.....
Well first I would check to see if you have bearings in there, second I would make sure all of the scrwws securing the steering posts are tightened down completely.

My son's KEXB was brutal at the end of last season. I just received the Basherqueen adjustable and lockable kit so I'll see how that goes. I was going to put it on my Notorious but the boy's KEXB's servo saver is so horrible I'll do his first.

I had to add those clips to my servo saver spring after mine just randomly stopped turning.

Still need to remove the bushings and replace with BB's no matter how you slice it.
But yea JennysRC to the rescue!!!:LOL:
Well first I would check to see if you have bearings in there, second I would make sure all of the scrwws securing the steering posts are tightened down completely.
We are both thinking the same. Only a few reasons for that excessive slop. Looks like BB's are missing altogether,
I never had any issues with mine however. But BB's can fail. They take more abuse in this area than most think. And they are very small BB's to begin with.
And if you run in the wet, or use a hose to clean the rig, the 2 Lower ST BB's will rust up in a heartbeat and fail.
I re-pack heavy with Lucus Marine grease when new.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back