Kraton Servo Saver Setting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of HR servo link... Just finished installing mine. There was little play left after tightening the side screws to what was in my mind the maximum they could handle without breaking the threads. I think there should be no play at all. I assume you're supposed to tighten both of the side screws, right? Or only one? Am I missing something?

The play is between the ball and the link, not between the screw and the sleeve. Extra tight screws will not matter.

No, I mean I held the black part (circled) between my thumb and index finger and it could move without the servo.. "output axis" moving. Tightened up both of the side screws to beoynd my safe limit and there's no play, but they are too tight for my liking. Then again, I don't want to strip the servo output axis...

Attachments

• capture.PNG
    capture.PNG
    220.7 KB · Views: 45
So is it no grabbing the servo output correctly, or does the servo geartrain have that much backlash? If you have the stock servo, the brass gears tend to wear down...

So is it no grabbing the servo output correctly, or does the servo geartrain have that much backlash? If you have the stock servo, the brass gears tend to wear down...

Rechecked. It's gripping alright. The play is in the gears or somewhere else within the servo, but we're talking about fractions of a millimetre (< 3/64" or something). Maybe I'll just wait to see if it breaks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back