Vorteks Servo saver stronger spring? Will Kimbrough Large fit 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that servo saver in my Typhon 3s. It was attached to a Power HD LW25MG servo, and it moved the heavy Trencher HP belted tires I had on the Typhon previously without any problems.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

Sounds like morrjr71 has you covered. I can only confirm the medium kimbrough is too small. I have one for 1/10th scale racers and tried it in the Typhon and it wasn’t strong enough.

I have the Kimbrough 123 servo saver on my Typhon also and don't think it is any stronger than the Arrma 25t servo saver. The Kimbrough 124hd servo saver is stronger than the Arrma 25t servo saver but you need to trim the corners of the Kimbrough 124hd for it to fit on the Arrma 3s 4x4's. I have a Kimbrough 124hd servo saver on my Big Rock and it works great.

The Kimbrough 124hd needs to be trimmed like the white one in this picture. This white one is actually a Kimbrough 124hd trimmed to fit a Arrma 3s 4x4.
Screenshot_20220220-114927_Chrome.jpg

Hmm. Maybe I got the wrong but but the 124HD didn't have the upper and lower support for the steering link to fit into? I didn't like that so I removed the longer/stronger spring from the Kimbrough and put it in the 25T Arrma servo saver I was using. It was a little like putting the toothpaste back in the tube but I got it in there and it's working great. Just ran through a pack with the new Castle sensored Mamba X set up. Definitely have to get a heatsink/fan on the motor as it got really hot.

So just so anybody reading this knows, you can put the stronger 124HD Kimbrough spring into the 25T (red) Arrma servo saver.
Mark

That's the right servo saver, the Kimbrough servo saver only attaches on one side, but it works fine. Switching the Arrma could be even better though, it should flex less and be more responsive.

Okay great, that's what I was thinking. It's a tight fit but you can get that spring in the Arrma SS.

Someone did a post awhile back explaining how to swap the spring, then tested the results. He found the Arrma case with the Kimbrough 124HD spring provided the strongest servo saver.

So just so anybody reading this knows, you can put the stronger 124HD Kimbrough spring into the 25T (red) Arrma servo saver.
Mark
Hey @Mark83 can you share a quick rundown of how you did this? Unless it's pretty self explanatory, I just don't want to end up breaking something and it being unusable.

Now that I have upgraded my servo to a really powerful unit I believe the servo saver (Arrma 25t) is the weak link. On carpet or other rough terrain the wheels won't move but the servo is moving! Is there a stronger spring available for the Arrma servo savers?

Will the Kimbrough large linked below fit? How strong is that one?

http://kimbroughracingproducts.com/store/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29908
I suggest the HD Kimbrough SS.(y)(y)
http://kimbroughracingproducts.com/store/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=208
Is there a purpose to the yellow dots on the tires?
No.

Hey @Mark83 can you share a quick rundown of how you did this? Unless it's pretty self explanatory, I just don't want to end up breaking something and it being unusable.
Sure. I liked the design of the (red) Arrma 25t SS but the stronger spring of the 124HD Kimbrough. Basically I didn't like the one arm on the Kimbrough.

I couldn't open the Kimbrough so I sliced off an edge with a pair of razor pliars (Craftsmen) to get the spring out. You can pry open the Arrma one carefully with a small screwdriver, slowly working your way around so as not to damage it. The spring will fly across the room when you get it open.

I found a video on Youtube for how to get the spring back in. I can't find it now! Basically you put it in halfway, put the top down and then use a screw driver to load it into position. Almost impossible to describe. I'll try and find the video again...
Mark

Hmm. Maybe I got the wrong but but the 124HD didn't have the upper and lower support for the steering link to fit into? I didn't like that so I removed the longer/stronger spring from the Kimbrough and put it in the 25T Arrma servo saver I was using. It was a little like putting the toothpaste back in the tube but I got it in there and it's working great. Just ran through a pack with the new Castle sensored Mamba X set up. Definitely have to get a heatsink/fan on the motor as it got really hot.

Mark
The main difference aside from a stronger HD spring is that the Stocker SS is double sheared, versus the Kimb. being single sheared. And it is designed to be trimmed as required. A Universal type of SS.

The main difference aside from a stronger HD spring is that the Stocker SS is double sheared, versus the Kimb. being single sheared. And it is designed to be trimmed as required. A Universal type of SS.
I’m assuming it won’t fit in the 23 tooth saver?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back