Kraton Servo Saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello again,
So I started to take apart the steering of my Kraton to tighten the servo saver, but I ran into a problem almost as soon as I started. When I unscrew the 2.5mm screws on the top plate, nothing happens. Then I saw the 2.5mm screws on the bottom and figured, "I'll just stick an Allen wrench in those to keep them from turning." Well now when I unscrew the screws on the top, the bottom ones unscrew. I found in the manual that there is a post inside of each bellcrank that the screws go into, and I assume that it's turning instead of the screw. Any suggestions?

When I first removed mine, I had the same issue. The screws have loctite on them from the factory, and were difficult to remove. You will need 2 wrenches, one on each side to remove. Just keep turning till one of the screws from either top or bottom come out. If the bottom one comes out first, you can simply pull the post up and out. After removing the post, I had to secure the center of the post with vice grips to get the other screw out. Do not use vice grips on the ends of the post or this can damage them and interfere with your bearings.

Don't forget to use a bit of blue loctite on the screws when reinstalling.

When I first removed mine, I had the same issue. The screws have loctite on them from the factory, and were difficult to remove. You will need 2 wrenches, one on each side to remove. Just keep turning till one of the screws from either top or bottom come out. If the bottom one comes out first, you can simply pull the post up and out. After removing the post, I had to secure the center of the post with vice grips to get the other screw out. Do not use vice grips on the ends of the post or this can damage them and interfere with your bearings.

Don't forget to use a bit of blue loctite on the screws when reinstalling.
Ok I will try that tomorrow. Thank you so much!

Just an FYI. You don't have to take the steering assembly apart to adjust the servo saver.
Just slide an allan key into the small hole in the bottom of the chassis to hold the adjustment collar in place and turn the linkage left and right to tighten or loosen the saver.

Just an FYI. You don't have to take the steering assembly apart to adjust the servo saver.
Just slide an allan key into the small hole in the bottom of the chassis to hold the adjustment collar in place and turn the linkage left and right to tighten or loosen the saver.

Haven't had to adjust mine yet, but I honestly never noticed this. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back