Servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what exactly is this? It's only to adjust the feel of the turning for the driver.

hhmmm.not quite. ..saves shock loads from transmitting through the servo gears in a crash...back in old days. ..we didn't have servos savers ..lots of stripped servo gears in crashes...

there is a ballance...the spring is applying load to those 2 ramps or wedges...if it is set very lose...then you won't be able to turn at all...too tight and you could still risk jacking something up...think of it as a safety clutch...if the load is too high it will allow the wheels to move without damaging the servo...a good thing. ..

Last edited:
When you wack something with the front tire the servo saver takes the hit instead of the servo gears.

yep...the compliance you set...let's it take the hit instead of the servo gears...a shock absorber of sorts ...experiment with it on the bench and see...set it way loose.. and tighten it up...study the pics...

I did find the stock setting to be loose. Tightened a couple turns and truck turned much better, then I replaced the stock servo with a Hitec 7950tg

Is it necessary to take off the guard plate to tighten...I tried to tighten new in the box by hand and didnt get any play...already tight to touch...assuming saver loosens over time and can be tighten by hand after several runs?

Is it necessary to take off the guard plate to tighten...I tried to tighten new in the box by hand and didnt get any play...already tight to touch...assuming saver loosens over time and can be tighten by hand after several runs?

no...just use the 2 red wheels...they are in a jamb nut configuration...back one off...then tighten the other...then run the lower back up until they touch to lock the setting...

no...just use the 2 red wheels...they are in a jamb nut configuration...back one off...then tighten the other...then run the lower back up until they touch to lock the setting...
Dam thats not what I was understanding from the directions. Awesome now I now how. Hope I didn't break it. it was only turning a little. Thought it might need a little oil. I was bench test and felt now differance

I had to remove the skid plate. Mine were locked down, never did get them to move separately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back