Servo saver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*420+3RC*

420+3RC
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Putting a Annikos 25kg servo in my big rock. So when 1st servo was changed at LHS he put a savox servo on it. No servo saver. Diff LHS guy said it "kinda has 1 inside it." So now that servo is trashed. Should/supposed to/ have a servo saver? Why didnt they use my og saver? I mean is there a good reason? *NEWB HERE*

I think the reason that they used a servo horn was that they did not have the 25T servo saver in stock (servo horns are much more "universal"). The stock servo saver has a 23T spline, and traditional servos almost all have 25t splines (will not fit stock servo saver), so the demand for the Arrma 25T servo savers are pretty darn high, which probably explains why it's out of stock almost everywhere. The part number you need is ARA340151 for the 25T servo saver. I think Hot Racing also makes an aluminum 25t servo saver. Other options include a Kimbrough servo saver (not completely sure which one, but I've heard others on this forum talk about them).

If u don't mind school me a bit. Basic basic questions. U use a horn in place of a saver? Same end result or 1 better than the other?
I think the reason that they used a servo horn was that they did not have the 25T servo saver in stock (servo horns are much more "universal"). The stock servo saver has a 23T spline, and traditional servos almost all have 25t splines (will not fit stock servo saver), so the demand for the Arrma 25T servo savers are pretty darn high, which probably explains why it's out of stock almost everywhere. The part number you need is ARA340151 for the 25T servo saver. I think Hot Racing also makes an aluminum 25t servo saver. Other options include a Kimbrough servo saver (not completely sure which one, but I've heard others on this forum talk about them).
Oooooohhhhh. That makes total sense. Of course I didn't know the stock was 23t. It was in it for 2 runs. Beginner easy no wrecks run lmao. First RC. well 2nd LHS let me swap a Granite V3 due to crazy steering issues. Swapped for Big Rock savox servo was switched to brrck. Thx for the info guys
If u don't mind school me a bit. Basic basic questions. U use a horn in place of a saver? Same end result or 1 better than the other?

Oooooohhhhh. That makes total sense. Of course I didn't know the stock was 23t. It was in it for 2 runs. Beginner easy no wrecks run lmao. First RC. well 2nd LHS let me swap a Granite V3 due to crazy steering issues. Swapped for Big Rock savox servo was switched to brrck. Thx for the info guys
So the 2 do the same thing?

Last edited:
The servo saver has a spring built in to absorb impacts on the front wheels (hence the name "servo saver"). The servo horn on the other hand is just a stiff piece of plastic or metal, so all the impacts on the front wheels will be sent to the servo.

Oooohhhh....prob y trashing so many. Usually just speed hump jumping and grass to road. The speed hump is shaped in a way to wanna make the nose of the truck dive. Thanks for the schooling.

Back