Kraton Servo saver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tag

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a Kraton 4S v2 and ordered a new servo. Do I have to use a servo saver?
(If not). Can I just use a new horn and connect it to the fix link?
Thank you

Hi Tag

You should always use a servo saver (except in crawler applications) or you will be replacing servos often.

HTH

Ross

Everyone will say to run a saver.

I have an Outcast 4s V2 and Kraton 4s V2. Both I run a horn with no saver. My servos are all metal geared 35kg. Have run many packs though both of them, jumps, cartwheels down the street, etc. No issues at all, and steering is awesome. I am a decent driver, so no crashes into anything or bad landings direct to the front wheels, so can't say how it would do if that happened.

I hate the 3s/4s style servo savers. I ran the Kimbrough 124 saver in them, but still didn't like it, so switched to an aluminum horn.

So not telling you that you don't need a saver, just my experience.

I have a Kraton 4S v2 and ordered a new servo. Do I have to use a servo saver?
(If not). Can I just use a new horn and connect it to the fix link?
Thank you
Need the servo saver. Like stated above.
Why do you want to remove what was there already?
Do you know something that Arrma does not? :unsure:
Definitley upgrade your servo and replace the stock 23 spline SS with the correct 25 spline SS used on 99% of all upgrade servos which are also 25 splined.
I would look to a DS3235 35kg AMZ servo. $34.00.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/servo-saver-set-25t/ARAC8883.html

I have an Outcast 4s V2 and Kraton 4s V2. Both I run a horn with no saver. My servos are all metal geared 35kg. Have run many packs though both of them, jumps, cartwheels down the street, etc. No issues at all, and steering is awesome. I am a decent driver, so no crashes into anything or bad landings direct to the front wheels, so can't say how it would do if that happened.

I hate the 3s/4s style servo savers. I ran the Kimbrough 124 saver in them, but still didn't like it, so switched to an aluminum horn.

Hi I have a kraton 4s v2

Hey there, I noticed you said you ran a horn with no saver. I tried to do the same with a protek horn and stock link. But I am having clearance issues where the link drags. Is your link on the top of the horn or in between the horn and the servo? Hope that made sense...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back