Kraton Servo Saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris15005

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Just got my Kraton last week and i'm having an issue with the servo saver it keeps loosening up all the way to the chassis as i run it is it safe to lock tight this? I can actually tighten my saver from the top with a flat head screw driver is this normal? even almost all the way threaded to the top steering is still sloppy and loose.

I have the same problem but did not find a way to tighten the servo without unmounting everything. Apparently when it’s completely loose the standard tightening procedure does not work.

How do you manage to tighten it??

If the SS is still loose with the nut all the way up, then yeah, that is a problem.

I also had the issue with that nut loosening while running - I think I lock-tited it. Has not given me problems for a half a year now.

If the SS is still loose with the nut all the way up, then yeah, that is a problem.

I also had the issue with that nut loosening while running - I think I lock-tited it. Has not given me problems for a half a year now.

I'm still not sure i understand..

1- My "nut" is basically very close to the bottom of the chassis. For "nut" i mean the thing which gets locked during the servo tightening-loosening process as per Arrma video (i insert a screwdriver through the hole on the bottom of the chassis, i lock that nut and turn the wheels accordingly). My nut is currently very close to the chassis, and it basically makes no difference when i try to either tighten or loosen it. The end result is that my servo is now super loose, basically not usable.

I have the same problem but did not find a way to tighten the servo without unmounting everything. Apparently when it’s completely loose the standard tightening procedure does not work.

I take the body off and use a flathead screw driver on the adjustment knob turning it to the left from the right side of the vehicle.

I had an issue at first when i turned the adjuster the wrong way and it locked to the bottom of the chassis i had to take the servo and mount out to free it up which was a PIA.

Last edited:
I'm still not sure i understand..

1- My "nut" is basically very close to the bottom of the chassis. For "nut" i mean the thing which gets locked during the servo tightening-loosening process as per Arrma video (i insert a screwdriver through the hole on the bottom of the chassis, i lock that nut and turn the wheels accordingly). My nut is currently very close to the chassis, and it basically makes no difference when i try to either tighten or loosen it. The end result is that my servo is now super loose, basically not usable.

If you spin that knurled nut to the left threading it up the aluminum shaft from the right side of the vehicle away from the chassis to compress the spring it tightens the saver up. Even with mine almost all the way up the steering is still sloppy and the saver activates when turning in grass.

I'm going to try to lock tite it before my next run and see what happens it's a PIA to have to stop and retighten the thing after running in the grass for 5 minutes.

I take the body off and use a flathead screw driver on the adjustment knob turning it to the left from the right side of the vehicle

Sorry i'm a noob...

1- do you mean that for adjusting it you use the procedure in this video?

This does not work for me unfortunately, the nut that gets blocked by the screwdriver is too close to the chassis now i believe, and i can't basically tighten it enough. From the video i understand that nut is a few mm above the chassis, while mine came almost attached to the chassis (which i understand is the loose setting, the upper it goes the tightened is the saver if i understood correctly. And i just can't tighten it).

2- If you don't use that procedure, you mean that you can still adjust that nut without taking out the entire steering system (which is what i am about to do)?

Thanks,

Vanni

Sorry i'm a noob...

1- do you mean that for adjusting it you use the procedure in this video?

This does not work for me unfortunately, the nut that gets blocked by the screwdriver is too close to the chassis now i believe, and i can't basically tighten it enough. From the video i understand that nut is a few mm above the chassis, while mine came almost attached to the chassis (which i understand is the loose setting, the upper it goes the tightened is the saver if i understood correctly. And i just can't tighten it).

2- If you don't use that procedure, you mean that you can still adjust that nut without taking out the entire steering system (which is what i am about to do)?

Thanks,

Vanni

Noob here too don't feel bad

i used that video as well i ended up locking my nut to the chassis because i turned it the wrong way. Take the body off go the right side of the vehicle (servo side) see the red knurled nut on the bottom? (adjuster) take a flat head and push that nut to the left to thread that nut up the aluminum shaft compressing the spring on the saver. If yours was stuck like mine was i had to pull the servo and mount and use a flathead and smack it with a hammer to break it loose again it got wedged to the chassis somehow.

Noob here too don't feel bad

i used that video as well i ended up locking my nut to the chassis because i turned it the wrong way. Take the body off go the right side of the vehicle (servo side) see the red knurled nut on the bottom? (adjuster) take a flat head and push that nut to the left to thread that nut up the aluminum shaft compressing the spring on the saver. If yours was stuck like mine was i had to pull the servo and mount and use a flathead and smack it with a hammer to break it loose again it got wedged to the chassis somehow.

Will try thanks a lot!

If that nut is not jammed too tight to the chassis, you can free it with a screwdriver. But Twice I had it jammed up hard enough that I had to take the red top plate off, and remove the bellcrank to get the nut loose. On my Kraton, the nut now rides about half way up the threads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back