Limitless Servo specs for speed running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good advice from someone with Exper. (y)

I feel I am alone here when it comes to Savox. I am just gun shy now.:giggle: Too many other servo choices out there. And I was also a religious Futaba fan boy of many years past and at the track. They just cost too Much for Bashing purposes, IMHO.
We do this all day long with these man toys anyway.
1676047353958.png

Worth another shot IMO.

Why is that?
I really just said that because the brushless servo I tried pooped all over the coreless one I tried but apparently they have better durability and torque and run more efficiently.

Futaba is the best. Wallet permitting. Japanese servos rule.:whistle:
https://nsdrcscaleparts.com/products/rs1-monster-torque-brushless-servo

"Our RS1 was built specifically to be the strongest, fastest, and most durable Bec powered servo on the market! We built the alpha of all 8.4v servos available... Yes, stronger than the Futaba A700, Protek 1k, and all other competitors attempts! Not only is the RS1 more powerful, it's faster, more power efficient (7.5 amp peak draw), has a more durable geartrain, and is more affordable!"

Been amazing so far =o

^^^
I have been eye'in Raz's Monster servo. Looks like a clone of that one.

^^^
I have been eye'in Raz's Monster servo. Looks like a clone of that one.
Nah the perfect pass servo is nice but the rs1 has better specs.

this is apparently the perfect pass specs

6v 0.136@42kg 583in/oz
7.4v 0.113@48kg 667in/oz
8.4v 0.097@ 56kg 778in/oz

rs1
900oz/ 64kg @ 6v 0.14 sec @ 6v
1100oz/ 79kg @ 7.4v 0.11 sec @ 7.4v
1200+oz/ 87+kg@ 8.4v 0.09 sec @ 8.4v

I'm using it in my traxxas xrt with 1/5th scale tires. Really nice and has been very durable so far. I was going to get promodeler before I found this.

Why does the Pro Modeler DS630BLHV page say it's "Not recommended for BEC use"?

I could understand if the torque specs were off the chart, but they aren't.

Pulls too much amperage for most ESC BECs. It is also a safeguard for them to not get blamed for other products failing.
I believe many people do run them on BECs without issues.

John at ProModeler only wants his mil-spec babies to ever taste clean voltage from a dedicated battery.
Pulls too much amperage for most ESC BECs. It is also a safeguard for them to not get blamed for other products failing.
I’ve run them successfully off receivers on all of my Arrmas, no problems. Also, quality aftermarket ESC’s like Castle and HobbyWing can handle them with power to spare. I have one rig with a Max 6 that runs three fans, six lights, and the PM 630 off the receiver and has never glitched. I fully expected to have to install an external BEC or dedicated battery but never had to.

John at ProModeler only wants his mil-spec babies to ever taste clean voltage from a dedicated battery.

I’ve run them successfully off receivers on all of my Arrmas, no problems. Also, quality aftermarket ESC’s like Castle and HobbyWing can handle them with power to spare. I have one rig with a Max 6 that runs three fans, six lights, and the PM 630 off the receiver and has never glitched. I fully expected to have to install an external BEC or dedicated battery but never had to.
+1
PM Has always been and is primarily an AIR RC Crowd driven company. Having Mil-Spec Drone contracts etc. So Servos are commonly powered with a dedicated Battery. No BEC is used for mission critical reasons. And it is common for PM to disclaim any BEC use with their servos. Nothing new.:cool: Seems they don't even want to speak BEC at any level. They don't even test their servos with Surface RC gear/ESC's in rigs. They can be snobbish in this way. IMHO.
But BEC's can be used with many of the PM servos. Just that Fluctuating volts and Amps from many crappy BEC's will always pose a problem, no matter the servo/brand.

Last edited:
Actually that’s not true. at stall, the ds630 only pulls 4.1 amps which pretty much any esc bec can produce. The reason reason that John recommends no bec is because he wants the servos running at 8.4 clean volts…. Hence the nomenclature, ds630. It only produces 630 oz ar 8.4 volts. He even tested it with the max 6 and it operated fine at the voltage. The other promodelers may draw more current though but at least PM lists stall current draw in their specs

^^^ Any servo you look at will state what the Max Torque output is, at its maximum allowed voltage. (4.8-8.4v) Voltage can be a variable. Amps not. So Voltage is not the only consideration. More important is the amperage supplied by its power source (BEC). A poor BEC circuit will have fluctuating Amps and Voltage output. And the Servo will will falter most if the Amps are not up to par. This affects a servo mores so. Rx brown outs can also result. This is one reason why a Separate battery power source is best for any servo. Just not really necessary or practical with most Surface RC setups.
When Amps drop/rise , Stall torque will fluctuate and the servo will become erratic and imprecise. An ESC's BEC ( Battery Eliminantion Circuit) needs a steady clean Amperage as well. Many ESC's BEC circuits are not clean and efficient. And many Servos are just AMP hogs. Put the 2 together and there will be a problem. How I see it. :cool:

Last edited:
Actually that’s not true. at stall, the ds630 only pulls 4.1 amps which pretty much any esc bec can produce. The reason reason that John recommends no bec is because he wants the servos running at 8.4 clean volts…. Hence the nomenclature, ds630. It only produces 630 oz ar 8.4 volts. He even tested it with the max 6 and it operated fine at the voltage. The other promodelers may draw more current though but at least PM lists stall current draw in their specs
Only speculating. I knew the reason isnt real since everyone uses BECs without issues.
Maybe airplane ESCs have weaker BECs.... I only do cars/trucks.

Many dedicated high end Air ESC's don't even have a BEC output. Servos are powered by a Battery. Sometimes, more than one. Output is more linear and clean. And being separately powered is a failsafe mechanism with RC planes and other mission critical RC servo applications. The "Mains" Power used for the ESC/Propulsion is isolated from the servos' surface controls and Rx.. Allowing you to glide/land a plane that lost its ESC/power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back