Typhon Servo suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Typhon 3s
Thinking I need a new servo. Haven’t bought a new one yet so could really use some suggestions on a type or at least what to look for so I get one strong enough. Please and thanks.

Loads of us get the Amazon 'special' 25Kg. Dirt cheap and works a treat. Half that price if you order from Bangood but you have to wait for it to come. On a 3S you have to cut the slots in the servo tray a bit wider to fit the thicker mount reinforcing on the servo.

Screenshot_20200930-204243_Samsung Internet.jpg

This bit is thicker so you have to cut the groves in the servo mount slightly wider.

20200930_204943.jpg

Last edited:
Loads of us get the Amazon 'special' 25Kg. Dirt cheap and works a treat. Half that price if you order from Bangood but you have to wait for it to come. On a 3S you have to cut the slots in the servo tray a bit wider to fit the thicker mount reinforcing on the servo.

View attachment 102460

This bit is thicker so you have to cut the groves in the servo mount slightly wider.

View attachment 102461
Would the servo from my Kraton 4s be a good fit for now? Can't use it atm anyway. Needs a few parts.

I wouldnt recommend the 25kg servo above, i tried a few in my Typhon, and those are strong but quite slow.

The typhon is so light weight at the front (and the wheels are small) that it doesn't need that KG IMO.

I settled on a much weaker JX PDI-5508MG, it's 8kg but much much faster. it's also cheaper. if you want to go to something even faster, in my Senton i use JX PDI-6113MG, which is 13kg and even faster.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back