Talion Servo that lasts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I took out my talion today with the big tires on it and the servo fried, any recommendations for new one, the one in there was mks hbl 550 and smoked and melted
I was looking at monster servo on Amazon for 120 bucks but not sure why exactly I need for this thing

$33.00 DS3235 35kg servo. AMZ. Used on every Arrma rig I own currently. Tried many others, brand names etc. Servos are consumable RC parts. So the price is a good value when it gets trashed bashing. Easier on the wallet.
Is it the bestest of the best? NO.
For that, Promodeler Servos would be my next choice. When approaching $100.00+ servos.
But this AMZ servo is way more than most will need. For bashing. Especially at 7.2v-7.4v BEC.
There is also a $40.00 PRO version of the same AMZ servo above. For a few dollars more. (45kg at 8.4v) Only if your ESC/BEC can put out 8.4volts.
I believe the 160 Amp Spektrum 8s ESC has 8.4v available. One example. Not that I recommend Spektrum ESC's. But if you have it already....Depends on your specific ESC.

https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Coreless-Digital-Stainless-arduino/dp/B07S9XZYN2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3ZNY5HVQJZ81&keywords=ds3235+pro+servo&qid=1664413956&sprefix=ds3235+pro,aps,49&sr=8-3&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Coreless-Digital-Stainless-Robotic/dp/B09ZTY668R/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3ZNY5HVQJZ81&keywords=ds3235+pro+servo&qid=1664413956&sprefix=ds3235+pro,aps,49&sr=8-2&th=1

Last edited:
Most of my rigs have the servo that @SrC posted and they're not bad. I will say though that I recently tried the HobbyStar 4717HV and tbh for a few more coins you get a much better servo. I wasn't expecting it to be so noticeable but I don't want to go back to the DS 35k anymore after using it. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I agree with both SrC and Moirae. The AMZ DS 35kg has been good. My next, if I did not get the DS, would be what Moirae posted for sure.

Last and I have a few that would be the ProModeler if you just "want" to spin the coins. That is the far extreme leaving a lot of good picks in the middle :)

Others are sharing good budget servos. If you’re looking for a higher quality servo, check out the savox 2290. An in-between option would be the send-it hv626.

Most of my rigs have the servo that @SrC posted and they're not bad. I will say though that I recently tried the HobbyStar 4717HV and tbh for a few more coins you get a much better servo. I wasn't expecting it to be so noticeable but I don't want to go back to the DS 35k anymore after using it. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
That Hobbystar is "Brushless". Great price for a Brushless motor servo. Brushless servos always rule. Usually very fast and more precise. IMHO.
Hard to find them for under $100.00.
I notice max advertised potential speed and torque is still at 8.4v (HV servo)
Performance drops off as BEC voltage does. Most any servo.
I will agree that the DS3235 can be a slouch at only 6v. Is speedy at 7.2v.
But Really fast servos can be a put off for me also. Depends on the rig.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back