...servo unresponsive, BigRockV3 stock servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creastruction

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
...out on a bash and at the end of the battery, the servo went unresponsive, to both: L/R steering and trim ...I'll be engaged in disassembly to source the issue...
...sadly AF won't accept MP4 files and I have no idea how to alter the format in which my phone saves videos...
In the video you would see me starting and running my rig, showcasing the fact that steering/servo related is non-functional. I also show that Accelerate and Brake are functional.

Any experience or tips would be appreciated 😁

Screenshot_20220212-154533.png

...out on a bash and at the end of the battery, the servo went unresponsive, to both: L/R steering and trim ...I'll be engaged in disassembly to source the issue...
...sadly AF won't accept MP4 files and I have no idea how to alter the format in which my phone saves videos...
In the video you would see me starting and running my rig, showcasing the fact that steering/servo related is non-functional. I also show that Accelerate and Brake are functional.

Any experience or tips would be appreciated 😁

View attachment 199659
Try emailing it to yourself as a pdf

Upload it to Youtube and post the link. Check if the servo is unplugged first.

Any suggestions on why my servo might have went down, with no warning indications and was just operating fine?
...files exceed the MB limit...thanks for the suggest🙏
Upload it to Youtube and post the link. Check if the servo is unplugged first.
...yes, that would likely work (YT post link)...and I'm about get into her now, I'm hoping that it just came unplugged somehow

Any suggestions on why my servo might have went down, with no warning indications and was just operating fine?

...yes, that would likely work (YT post link)...and I'm about get into her now, I'm hoping that it just came unplugged somehow
It's a ready to run servo and a Spektrum at that. Most if not all ready to run servos are just bad, they are usually slow, underpowered or just randomly die.

There are hundreds of threads about servos on here. Some of which are right below in the related threads section. For the 3s rigs I really like the red Amazon $20 25kg servos the DS3225MG.

You cannot upload videos directly to the site only pictures and gifs.

It's a ready to run servo and a Spektrum at that. Most if not all ready to run servos are just bad, they are usually slow, underpowered or just randomly die.

There are hundreds of threads about servos on here. Some of which are right below in the related threads section. For the 3s rigs I really like the red Amazon $20 25kg servos the DS3225MG.

These servos? I have one fresh, on hand...how do I reconcile the 23 and 25 tooth difference?

IMG_20220212_161409577.jpg

IMG_20220212_161354238.jpg

Seems like it's unplugged, but you need to check for that once you disassemble it.
...the receiver is fully intact and all are firmly plugged...maybe it's like slick (and many others) have said...weak stock servo...

...is the current state of operation...
Seems like it's unplugged, but you need to check for that once you disassemble it.

...I had actually tried to put the DS in this rig but I could not get the splines to match, I'll be searching YT after supper

This is a 25t servo saver that Arrma makes for the mega/3s/4s line.
These servos? I have one fresh, on hand...how do I reconcile the 23 and 25 tooth difference?

View attachment 199661

View attachment 199662

...the receiver is fully intact and all are firmly plugged...maybe it's like slick (and many others) have said...weak stock servo...
Also, isn't 270 degrees of movement a bit much?

This is a 25t servo saver that Arrma makes for the mega/3s/4s line.

Also, isn't 270 degrees of movement a bit much?
That is why you set your end points.

I just had my stock servo poop out on me too. Was bashing just fine with my buds then all of a sudden.. I loose steering. Turned it off and back on and I have left turn just like normal.. But, as soon as I turn right.. the servo would have the shakes... Made sure there's no sticks, rocks, or debris jamming it up..

Ended up calling a day and went home, took the servo out and tested it free floating (no load, nothing attached, just the servo itself) and it would stilll do the shakes while turning right. Turn Left works just like normal.
I even dismantled the casing and looked at the gears, no tooth damaged or missing. The circuit board looks fine from visual inspection. So I don't know.
Just weird. That it would do that , turning just one side and not the other.

I just had my stock servo poop out on me too. Was bashing just fine with my buds then all of a sudden.. I loose steering. Turned it off and back on and I have left turn just like normal.. But, as soon as I turn right.. the servo would have the shakes... Made sure there's no sticks, rocks, or debris jamming it up..

Ended up calling a day and went home, took the servo out and tested it free floating (no load, nothing attached, just the servo itself) and it would stilll do the shakes while turning right. Turn Left works just like normal.
I even dismantled the casing and looked at the gears, no tooth damaged or missing. The circuit board looks fine from visual inspection. So I don't know.
Just weird. That it would do that , turning just one side and not the other.
Mine also started shaking to the right. But then from that to dead. These stock servos are funny animals. Toss up as to if ya get a good 1
@slick2500 @pug @SIK-RC ...I'm not well versed in these matters, the more help/explanation I get, the more I'll understand these systems and their interactions ... actually YES the light LIT up

The red light coming on means there is a problem when trying to activate that communication. So when turning the wheel and the red light comes on means its not working properly

View attachment 199661

View attachment 199662

The servo you show is about what most run after stock trashes out. That or the 35kg. Can't tell much diff imo on the BigRock anyway

Last edited:
It prolly just burnt out bro, look and see if the light on esc lights up when u turn the wheel.. u just need a 25t horn for that servo.. yea seems like alot compared to 180° @pug !

90° deduction seems like a ton @slick2500 ?
It's not going to hurt anything as long as the end points are set properly if they aren't set up properly then it will be a problem.

Electrics just fail. They rarely tell you why or give you a heads up..;) Fine one second. Bricked the next.:cry:
User Error if you Failed to set up your Steering Endpoints. No matter the Servo's Sweep angle. ( 180 or 270 degrees) They all get trimmed. Or they get bricked.
Stocker servos rarely come properly Adjusted out the box. If you failed to look that over out the box, when Brand new before running the Rig, this is one distinct possible cause. Gets you every time. DS3235 35 kg (25 spline) servos are best bang for the buck and what I use to swap out the stocker servos.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back