Servo Upgrade Doesn't Exist for Me??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroStar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm looking for a "waterproof" servo that has the specs of somewhere around a Savox 2274SG (.095/388). I cannot find one! Both Savox 1210 (13/444) and 1211 are either a little slow or not enough torque. I know they are tried and true but the 2273 and 2274's are also but not waterproof! Why isn't there a fast strong waterproof model in the $100 to $110 range?? Frustrating. Anybody have suggestions? I've even looked a Reef's servos but same boat so far.

I'm looking for a "waterproof" servo that has the specs of somewhere around a Savox 2274SG (.095/388). I cannot find one! Both Savox 1210 (13/444) and 1211 are either a little slow or not enough torque. I know they are tried and true but the 2273 and 2274's are also but not waterproof! Why isn't there a fast strong waterproof model in the $100 to $110 range?? Frustrating. Anybody have suggestions? I've even looked a Reef's servos but same boat so far.
What BEC voltage are you running?

I checked them out in the past but forgot how I got there. I remember being impressed with what they mention goes into the quality of their servos. I looked at the suggested article mentioned on one of the servos and found this information very helpful.

http://www.promodeler.com/askJohn/Waterproof-vs-water-resistant

I checked them out in the past but forgot how I got there. I remember being impressed with what they mention goes into the quality of their servos. I looked at the suggested article mentioned on one of the servos and found this information very helpful.

http://www.promodeler.com/askJohn/Waterproof-vs-water-resistant
I read it too. Simple and to the point. I believe I've found my next servos. Will get the 630 for the Kraton and the 470 for my RC8.2e buggy.

Cool. Hope you'll share you experience. They look to be a great value.
Well, I have sinned but not really LOL. I was in my local hobby shop and they had a new MKS 550 servo so I bought it instead of ordering a pro modeler like you put me on to. I still plan to get one for my 1/8 scale buggy or switch these out later. I had to order a CC-BEC 2.0, receiver bypass harness, and the Castle link (money maker item like everybody complains about Traxxas doing! Traxxas is NOT alone LOL). Can hardly wait to install it all and try it out. I'll report back.

the Castle link (money maker item like everybody complains about Traxxas doing! Traxxas is NOT alone LOL).
Just an FYI, if you buy a new Castle ESC you get a coupon for a free Castle link or a $10 field card, which doubles as a Castle link. I have 2 field cards and 4 regualr Castle links LOL.

About a month ago I got the DS470BLHV Promodeler servo for my Axial RR10 Bomber and am waiting for some axle parts to complete the building of my kit. From looks and feels like a really nice servo. It may sound weird but it is a really pretty servo with the whole thing being mirror polished. I almost don't want to mount it on my front axle to have it go through hell LOL.

Just an FYI, if you buy a new Castle ESC you get a coupon for a free Castle link or a $10 field card, which doubles as a Castle link. I have 2 field cards and 4 regualr Castle links LOL.

About a month ago I got the DS470BLHV Promodeler servo for my Axial RR10 Bomber and am waiting for some axle parts to complete the building of my kit. From looks and feels like a really nice servo. It may sound weird but it is a really pretty servo with the whole thing being mirror polished. I almost don't want to mount it on my front axle to have it go through hell LOL.
I hear ya. This BEC route is costing me 67 bucks extra but I'm wanting to see how well the servo can really perform and how long the stock ESC will last without using the BEC to power any servo (just powering the receiver). Should jerk those Backflips around like 1/10 scale buggy fronts LOL. 7.4v is 499 oz in at .094 sec.
Hobbytown did call Horizon to send them a new stock servo to replace mine though ?.

I hear ya. This BEC route is costing me 67 bucks extra but I'm wanting to see how well the servo can really perform and how long the stock ESC will last without using the BEC to power any servo (just powering the receiver). Should jerk those Backflips around like 1/10 scale buggy fronts LOL. 7.4v is 499 oz in at .094 sec.
Hobbytown did call Horizon to send them a new stock servo to replace mine though ?.
I normally get the 10amp Castle BEC for like $21 or something and have my buddy make me a bypass adapter for free since he has a crimper. So it's only $21 for me to run a bec so I do it in most of my vehicles.

Yeah getting a high powered, fast servo is impressive. When you're running the stock servos you think "it's not bad, I don't need anything more", at least I always did. Which is true, you don't NEED anything more but it is impressive when you get a nice servo in there.

I normally get the 10amp Castle BEC for like $21 or something and have my buddy make me a bypass adapter for free since he has a crimper. So it's only $21 for me to run a bec so I do it in most of my vehicles.

Yeah getting a high powered, fast servo is impressive. When you're running the stock servos you think "it's not bad, I don't need anything more", at least I always did. Which is true, you don't NEED anything more but it is impressive when you get a nice servo in there.
lol. Hell, none of this I imagine we really need. Just have to have it. haha

I still hang on to the Power HD dw-25lv.
No bec needed, direct fit, less than 100 dollars
Screenshot_20190410-095758_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
The Typhon is the first RC I have upgraded the steering servo on. I installed the Savox SW-1210-SG. ? at how much quicker the steering is. I’m trying to figure out what all I need to do to install my CC-BEC2.0 to increase the voltage, but running off stock electronics has been great

The Typhon is the first RC I have upgraded the steering servo on. I installed the Savox SW-1210-SG. ? at how much quicker the steering is. I’m trying to figure out what all I need to do to install my CC-BEC2.0 to increase the voltage, but running off stock electronics has been great
You need the castle 2.0wp and castle link to program it to run the higher voltage.

You need the castle 2.0wp and castle link to program it to run the higher voltage.
Is it bad that I DO NOT even remember making this post??? Good God I hate some of the crap that’s happened to me medically. Anyways, I already have the cc2.0wp, but I have not purchased a card. Damn-I’m still stuck on when the hell did I see this thread and post in it, I have no memory of it......lol must have been another middle of the night or in my sleep thing. Lmao. Haven’t done this in awhile

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back