Kraton servo upgrade for theKraton V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsalive3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. 4x4-Mega
anyone out there have some suggestions for an upgrade in servos for the kraton v3?? i annihilated the stock arrma 15kg after a few runs

I have a Savox 2270MG in mine.

If you are looking for a 'value' servo, check out JX brand or BlueBird servos. JX can be found at most of the china hobby shops ( I use Banggood) and HobbyKing has a good selection of BlueBird. Look for something faster than .15s @ 6v and stronger than 300oz / 25kg torque @ 6v

I went with Woodies suggestion and installed the Savox sw 1210 sg. Fits perfectly, easy install. Added the Servo mount from hot racing while st it. Fast,strong and shouldn’t have to address it again.

I went with Woodies suggestion and installed the Savox sw 1210 sg. Fits perfectly, easy install. Added the Servo mount from hot racing while st it. Fast,strong and shouldn’t have to address it again.

You still using stock ESC to power the servo with no issues? No capacitor needed?

Stock ESC nothing additional. No brown outs no glitches. Basically plug and play. Fast and strong. Running stock tires.

I have this same setup coming did you reuse the plastic spacers and rubber mounts from the stock set up?

I used all new hardware from the Servo kit and HR mount. The only snag was the foam strip in the receiver box. Removing and adding the Servo wires that came out and was quite a trick to get it back correctly. I’ll probably address that again with something else to ensure a water proof box

I used all new hardware from the Servo kit and HR mount. The only snag was the foam strip in the receiver box. Removing and adding the Servo wires that came out and was quite a trick to get it back correctly. I’ll probably address that again with something else to ensure a water proof box

I figured it would be a PIA to get those wires back in i know my Granite was not picnic to get the new servo wires back in to that little piece of foam either. I gather the wires were long enough then i was worried they might be too short.

I run the savox sw1210 and it swings fast lock 2 lock and has more then enough power for the stock kraton wheels. I have this servo in all 3 of my 2018 models and my outcast has the 3.8 trenchers and my kraton has the 3.8 duratrax 6 pack on it and you would think with that wide of a tire would cause issues with the steering radius but it really throws them around like a set of 10th scale wheels. The servo is also water proof and 7.4v capable.

@kingsalive3 I would recommend checking out the Savox SW-1210SG or the Hitec HS-7955TG servos.
What about this upgrade for my v3 Kraton 6s BLX??

Savox SA1230SG Monster Torque Coreless Steel Gear Digital Servo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back