Servo upgrade Nero Big rock..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stalled mule

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Nero
So I have spent the last 2 hours digging through everything i can find on upgrading the nero steering servo and have still not come to an answer that truly looks like a good option to me.

I just nicked up a Big rock for my early Christmas gift and have only run 1 set of battery through it. Already sheered a grub screw on the drive axle but that's a whole other complaint.

What I am hoping to find is a waterproof steering servo, ideally substatially stronger/faster than the factory one. Would like it to be digital, waterproof and plug and play.. I do have an aluminum servo saver coming already if that makes any difference in suggestions.

And for the recod, no I do not want to waterproof it myself. Price really isn't a concern. I spent a boatload of cash on this truck and want it to be done well.

GO!

Thanks in advance

Sorry but i have no suggestion for you.....

I am looking for the same, but it will be a little difficult.
The original servo is "Standart class" an it is not so easy to find a extremely better servo with same shape / dimensions.
But be honest, i did not remove the old one till yet to find out how many place there are.
At the moment the old one ist working,... not good, but also not so extremely bad.
So i have time to think about to make lights in the front cause we driving often in the dark in wintertime.

kind regards,
lonee

Bump

So I have spent the last 2 hours digging through everything i can find on upgrading the nero steering servo and have still not come to an answer that truly looks like a good option to me.

I just nicked up a Big rock for my early Christmas gift and have only run 1 set of battery through it. Already sheered a grub screw on the drive axle but that's a whole other complaint.

What I am hoping to find is a waterproof steering servo, ideally substatially stronger/faster than the factory one. Would like it to be digital, waterproof and plug and play.. I do have an aluminum servo saver coming already if that makes any difference in suggestions.

And for the recod, no I do not want to waterproof it myself. Price really isn't a concern. I spent a boatload of cash on this truck and want it to be done well.

GO!

Thanks in advance
Aluminum servo saver part # ?

Get you a steel gear savox servo with at least .13 transit and 20Kg of torque. Will set you back about $60-70

I've got a SC1265 in one my trucks and it runs good, have had it couple years problem free. There are brushless servos now but they are pretty expensive. The steering servo on the NERO is somewhat protected a regular servo will work just fine even in the mud, unless you plan to submerge the truck...

SAVSV1272SG check the specs on this servo faster and more torque than the 1265 runs about $80.

The water proof version of the SC-1256 is the SW210. They sell these on A-Main, eBay etc. Just do a search. The NERO has a heavy duty BEC 4A I think so it should run the high torque servos without much issues.

So as a follow-up.. I swapped out the servo for a SAVOX GOLD Model 1230SG. STEEL gears and I ended up having to waterproof it myself. Easy to do but for a high tq option that was waterproof it was DUMB money.. The servo itself was a tad talker than the factory setup and required minor mortification to the chassis plate. Had to remove the plastic clips on the tray that AARMA put there to run electrical wire through. Took about 3 min to do that. I used a factory style aluminum 25t step down servo horn. The straight style will not work with this servo as the arm during turning hits the belly pan. The factory plastic horn can be used. Once the clips are gone the servo mounts up perfectly. While I was in there I upgraded the servo saver to the Hot Racing Aluminum servo saver, cheap and easy mod that have me much more control over the truck. And I got a special supprise, they shipped me 2! Lol.. Anyway. That's what I did.. Thanks for the suggestions @NITROMAN2000

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back