Kraton Servo upgrade V5 Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All

so I go a SV1270TG (35kg titanium gear) Servo to replace the dead spectrum 18kg one.

the the physical size is the same how the teeth number are different. The guy at the hobby shop said I use the new arm that come with the Servo but might need to drill it out to fit.

I have not taken it out the box yet just wanted to get some advice.
What others have done fitting a new servo with different teeth count.

also going from a 18kg to a 35kg
Do I need to change the end points

View attachment 138166
Would this servo just be a simple plug in sort the end points out and play kind of thing. Would there need to be any other things that need changing at all. ? I’ve a new kraton v5 on standard equipment for the time being but a servo upgrade is probably my first change if it’s just plug and play.

Would this servo just be a simple plug in sort the end points out and play kind of thing. Would there need to be any other things that need changing at all. ? I’ve a new kraton v5 on standard equipment for the time being but a servo upgrade is probably my first change if it’s just plug and play.

In terms of the actual wiring any servo will be plug and play. You will need a new servo horn such as the 25T Hot Racing steering link if your new servo is not 23T like the stock servo.

Some Savox servos need a little modification to the servo mount it they are too tall or have the wires coming out of the middle of the servo instead of closer to the bottom.

The 1270tg is as plug-n-play as they get. You just need a Hot Racing horn/linkage. Other than that it just drops straight in with no modification.

I’ve been running 1210 and 1211sg from savox, but trying a jx ecoboost 35kg and holy cow is it quiet. I never realized how obnoxiously loud the savox servos were. So far so good, savox’s are over a year old and jx time will tell.
How is the JX eco boost going ?

looking at getting this one
Just seeing how it’s holding up for you

How is the JX eco boost going ?

looking at getting this one
Just seeing how it’s holding up for you
Junk IMO! I had two and both didn’t last very long. This JX worked well and I love AGFRC!

JX BLS-HV7146MG 46kg Brushless High Precision Steel Gear Full CNC Digital Servo Motor for RC Car Robot Arm Helicopter Airplane Parts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PTYTMJL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_84K4VEX5D1Q2G37VSEFM

AGFRC 36KG IP67 Waterproof Steering Servo High Torque Programmable Full Metal Gear Digital Brushless Servo for 1/10 RC Models, Control Angle 180° (A80BHSW&AGF-SPV2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082K8BM3Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_NGCT68QTQ8V9VPSN48WZ

Like @Hammer Down said, it already has a servo saver! You can upgrade to HR full aluminum! I’ve got these on several rigs, they’re awesome!
Thanks good advice will look into it.
I have already upgraded the stocks V5 spring changed to the EXB spring.
improved the steering allot but killed the stock servo 2 packs.

then I put in a cheap DS35 servo that lastabout 10min
So I’m not actually 100% on what to get next
Maybe the Savox 1210 MG

I don’t seem to have very muck luck with servos
I have also at my own fault killed Savox 1270TG
As the servo horn screw was rubbing and I did not notice till it was too late

Junk IMO! I had two and both didn’t last very long. This JX worked well and I love AGFRC!

JX BLS-HV7146MG 46kg Brushless High Precision Steel Gear Full CNC Digital Servo Motor for RC Car Robot Arm Helicopter Airplane Parts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PTYTMJL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_84K4VEX5D1Q2G37VSEFM

AGFRC 36KG IP67 Waterproof Steering Servo High Torque Programmable Full Metal Gear Digital Brushless Servo for 1/10 RC Models, Control Angle 180° (A80BHSW&AGF-SPV2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082K8BM3Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_NGCT68QTQ8V9VPSN48WZ
Thanks I actually just order the JXBLS 46
Hopefully I have better luck with this

your still running any problems

Thanks I actually just order the JXBLS 46
Hopefully I have better luck with this

your still running any problems
I’ve been using mostly AGFRC servos on my rigs now. They’re a little pricey, but I like the fact they’re programmable. You can actually hook them to a laptop and dial in your trim with several other features. I have several of the 36kg on my bashers and recently bought this 32kg for my Typhon speed run rig.

AD2DB8D9-1767-48CD-B300-AEB30311442F.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back