Kraton Servo upgrade V5 Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darvid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi All

so I go a SV1270TG (35kg titanium gear) Servo to replace the dead spectrum 18kg one.

the the physical size is the same how the teeth number are different. The guy at the hobby shop said I use the new arm that come with the Servo but might need to drill it out to fit.

I have not taken it out the box yet just wanted to get some advice.
What others have done fitting a new servo with different teeth count.

also going from a 18kg to a 35kg
Do I need to change the end points

image.jpg

Last edited:
On my Kraton V3 the stock servo had 25 splines so I ended up using the stock servo arm when I replaced my servo.

I’ve been running 1210 and 1211sg from savox, but trying a jx ecoboost 35kg and holy cow is it quiet. I never realized how obnoxiously loud the savox servos were. So far so good, savox’s are over a year old and jx time will tell.

Yeah the Spektrum servos are 23T and most the rest are 25T so you need a new servo arm. The stuff that come with most servo's is junk, you want a metal one, not a thin plastic one on a basher. Be sure to power it up and make sure everything is centered and the steering trim on the transmitter is in the middle/neutral before putting on the servo arm on the servo. The end points will need to be re-adjusted like everyone else said.
Good luck and have fun!
Hurricane

Yeah the Spektrum servos are 23T and most the rest are 25T so you need a new servo arm. The stuff that come with most servo's is junk, you want a metal one, not a thin plastic one on a basher. Be sure to power it up and make sure everything is centered and the steering trim on the transmitter is in the middle/neutral before putting on the servo arm on the servo. The end points will need to be re-adjusted like everyone else said.
Good luck and have fun!
Hurricane
God, I forgot to center the trim on my transmitter when I put clips on my servo saver and readjusted the endpoints, thanks for the reminder.

Sucks having to get a new arm, but the Kraton on grass turns like a whale without servo saver clips at the least and you almost have to get a metal servo mount, new servo, and change the diff fluid or tires to relax front ballooning to get the most out of the truck. The quest to get this truck to turn never ends. Next up is messing with sway bars.

The other thing to help steering is to shim the servo saver spring up to make it tighter. East Tactics in YouTube has a vid about it among others. There are some threads on it here too. (Still trying to get time to shim my vehicles... bad thing about having a larger fleet.)
Good luck!
Hurricane

Thinking putting in a servo saver rather then just replacing the arm
Any recommendation ?
I might be asking a dumb question as not sure if there RC already have one build in

Last edited:
Thinking putting in a servo saver rather then just replacing the arm
Any recommendation ?
I might be asking a dumb question as not sure if there RC already have one build in

No worries bro! Ask all the questions ya need! Don’t be afraid of the search button either.. 😉
As far as the servo saver goes, it already has one. 👍

Hi All
So I have finally put the Kraton back together with the new servo installed ( yes have use loc tite)
I still need to track down a servo horn as my local hobby shop is out if stock. Another one 40min away task for another day.

When its up and running, how do I know what are safe end points for the Servo.
I mean by eye would you go about 45 degrees turning.

Hi all, so I got 2 packs with the new servo
Working perfectly
All of a sudden it lost power to the servo.
turn it off I get Servo power back for 30 seconds then dies however it’s very weak when its working.

However if I manually try turn the wheels the servo come back to life for another 30 seconds
then dies again

Anyway to troubleshoot if it’s a ESC issue or if it’s a Lemon servo ?

Yep it’s cooked, put a spare in from my brother-in-law and it’s working

I did mess with them before use, I thought I set them ok.
turning circle left is rubbish compared to right

I was thinking even if was a little out I got 5 packs from my 18kg spectrum without setting end points from factory

maybe just got a lemon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back